Free For All Mod

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
ooby420

Free For All Mod

Post by ooby420 »

Hello,

I am doing my best to create a Free For All mod. Essentially, there are no teams and you are able to kill anyone. I hope to get to where I am implement a King of the Hill game mode or other FFA game types.

Do you know if it is possible to change the kill log messages? Instead of displaying "Player killed a teammate...ooby420 is no more", is it possible to change it to "Player [Grenade] ooby420" if we are on the same team? The only drawback I see of using this method is that you will healing your the other players on your "team".

I think that may be a simpler work around than adding multiple teams.
Diamondback

Re: Free For All Mod

Post by Diamondback »

I don't think it can be done without editing the EXE (this is Mamba btw).

But even then how do you trick the game in order to have members of your own team be treated as enemies?

The best thing to have is probably along the lines of "Player [fragged] Player 2". So a generalist kill message can be used in that case. Editing the EXE in order to have the kill announcement only on one line can't be that hard. But the customized weapon frag messages are impossible IMO.

Do post pictures of the mod when you can? Want to see how it looks like compared to my own old FFA mod.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

One thing I wished I could do was have a kill message for each PCO in a vehicle. So for example "Sherman 75mm" or "Sherman .50 MG" etc...
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

ooby420 wrote:Hello,
The only drawback I see of using this method is that you will healing your the other players on your "team".
In the "CommonSoldierData.inc" file, there is a value for healing, change that to lowest possible (you have to try your way here, maybe 0.1 to start with) and then the healing should not reach your team mates. Worth a try i guess.

ObjectTemplate.healDistance 10.0
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

The bots can shoot each other if you add the healing script to each gun's AI

I did this with grenades a while back and ... it was mayhem
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™