friction problem

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
freddy

friction problem

Post by freddy »

i have set up some moving carriers with a rotational bundle, problem is im falling off the deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpl9bGMadLQ

(You cannot use certain BBCodes: [flash])
LightSpeed///

Re: friction problem

Post by LightSpeed/// »

Find the material for the carrier deck and increase soldiers material friction with it
AKA WhatThe
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

hmm I have never seen anything stick to a moving static i dont think.. maybe make it pco?
freddy

Post by freddy »

LightSpeed/// wrote:Find the material for the carrier deck and increase soldiers material friction with it
yeh i did try that but it didnt bite
fo0k wrote:hmm I have never seen anything stick to a moving static i dont think.. maybe make it pco?
thats the thing it is a PCO :shock: when testing this i used the original enterprise in bf42

if it drives by "itself" with its engines theres no problem at all, but i wanted it to do a "perfect circle" around the map using a radarbun and a spawner

i have tried as much i could think of, one of the last attempt was let the boat float free and have some other PCOs on the rotational bundle so they could slowly push the carrier around (not a very nice solution but was getting desperate lol), but they just slowly passed through the boat like it wasn´t ever there, sure looked weird :?

its a bit weird because you can stand on a plane that spawned on a moving carrier and not fall of, my best guess is that the problem origins in the fact that the radarbun has no setNetworkableInfo on it and i cant change that as im making this as a SSM mod.

edit: this movie illustrate it better, the high speed carriers is just for testing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ZXf0YbMm0