[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4875: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Battlefield 1942 Mods, Modding Tutorials. Forums and Mod Downloads. • View topic - BFMDT 2.76 www.bfmods.com Development Thread

BFMDT 2.76 www.bfmods.com Development Thread

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers

BFMDT 2.76 www.bfmods.com Development Thread

Postby Senshi » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 pm

My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Re: BFMDT 2.76 www.bfmods.com Developement Thread

Postby Apache Thunder » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 pm

I've mirrored this at my FTP location as well in the meantime in case anyone has issues downloading file attachments:

EDIT Senshi: Removed link as this is outdated.

:D

Apache Thunder

Postby Darkstef » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:49 pm

You said compatible 3dsmax 8+, so is it compatible with 2013 or 2012?
Darkstef

Postby Senshi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 pm

That is what is implied by 8+ ;) .
I actually develop it on Max Design 2012, that is why I can't it test it on the other versions. Though it SHOULD work on them, as the Maxscript features have not changed dramatically in those versions.
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby fo0k » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 pm

awesome. Trying this eve!
fo0k

Postby Senshi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm

As I just got complaints, I pushed out a miniupdate that fixes the displayed version number of the plugin window. Nothing else has changed, so if you just don't bother, no need to download this again...
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby Senshi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am

Fook has rightfully nagged me because there's some issues with the level importer. If you run on a "virgin" install of 2.761 and try to import a heightmap, you'll get a mean Maxscript error message complaining about some undefined "if" stuff.

The workaround is this: Close the error message, close the MDT box (not Max itself!), reopen the MDT from the Max menu. Now everything works again. Until you restart Max, when you gotta do it all over again.

Will be fixed in the next version, should be fairly simple to do.

Another issue I encountered in the process of tracking down this bug: The "import placements" function that should import dummy boxes that represent all statics on the map is borked in 3ds Max 2013. Not sure which other versions are affected, fook however says it works in Max 9 and I had it also running back then in Max Design 12, so it might just be the newest versions.
The bug is that the dummy boxes get imported and labeled correctly, even rotated correctly, just they all get placed at 0/0/0 instead of their correct positions. Probably a change in how Max handles coordinates internally, shouldn't be hard to fix either.

On the upside the texture issue I complained about earlier (ground textures getting the stupid "Real World Mapping Size" modifier by default, messing up the UV tiling) got fixed in Max13, meaning that ground textures look perfect again with no need to mess with anything.

All the rest (Import sun, water etc.) works fine as well, except "Freeze/Unfreeze terrain". But that really shouldn't bother anyone anyway.
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby Apache Thunder » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah I noticed in 2013 that even rexman's unedited original script, the statics importer/exporter scripts didn't work correctly. They import, but all at 0/0/0. Export function is also broken. It creates the con file, but they all have no name to them in the Object.create line. I just took another look and it does still work in Max 2012 though, so I believe it's in Max 2013 that it broke.

Apache Thunder

Postby Grabbi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm

hmmm doesn t in work version 9,
checking 10,11,12,13 now
Grabbi

Postby Apache Thunder » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:04 am

Apache Thunder

Next

Return to 1942 Modding Discussion