My entire modding work uploaded...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Apache Thunder

Re: My entire modding work uploaded...

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah I still have a copy of the mod. It will take quite some time to upload though since I'm stuck with ***ty DSL now a days. So no promises. It may be awhile before I can find the time needed to upload it. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Cpt.-Chris-=AAS=-

Post by Cpt.-Chris-=AAS=- »

No worries, it was a last ditch hope anyway so I'm just glad I can get a copy sometime in the future!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I have much better internet (had it for about a year now). But completely forgot about your request. I finally got around to uploading what I believe to be the last version of GFMod I worked on:

DCGF_0_2D_client.rar

Note I can't recall if I had personally made any alterations to the mod for this version. I believe my test build was being run from a different copy of the game. So that should be the last dev build I received. But it's been so long so I can't gurantee that it doesn't have unofficial changes added by me at the time. Last thing I worked on adding was the ability to define custom crosshairs for vehicles via the HUD instead of 3D Meshes. Not sure if that build has that or not. I only added it a single vehicle as a test. It did require a reworking of the crosshair hud so I believe one loses the ability to customize the color of the crosshair for soldier weapons. I can't recall. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Apache Thunder wrote:< snip >
Yea man, I might be done with modding. My mod won't even start up any more, it just CTDs without any messages, so I just kinda went to play my other games. Wasn't any conscious decision, I just drifted off to other stuff.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I've drifted away from BF myself to other games.

I really do miss the nice easy object orientated code of 1942, but I don't really have a reason to come back as I have dumped probably at least 1000 hours into this game throughout my entire life, the best $20 I've ever spent in my whole life.
If I ever get my friends interested in it, I might come back, but it just seems like I've finally moved on. When I remember to/find it I'm probably going to upload my vanilla tweak mod.

BF 1942 is a game I will never forget and I will never loose. I remember when the 1.61 patch came out, and the M1 Garand being added - it's etched in my childhood.

Another problem is I don't have the spare time. I have trouble getting enough sleep as it is. I bet if I start up the game one more time when I have hours to burn I might get snagged again and come to this site more than once a few months.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Vilespring wrote:I've drifted away from BF myself to other games.

I really do miss the nice easy object orientated code of 1942, but I don't really have a reason to come back as I have dumped probably at least 1000 hours into this game throughout my entire life, the best $20 I've ever spent in my whole life.
If I ever get my friends interested in it, I might come back, but it just seems like I've finally moved on. When I remember to/find it I'm probably going to upload my vanilla tweak mod.

BF 1942 is a game I will never forget and I will never loose. I remember when the 1.61 patch came out, and the M1 Garand being added - it's etched in my childhood.

Another problem is I don't have the spare time. I have trouble getting enough sleep as it is. I bet if I start up the game one more time when I have hours to burn I might get snagged again and come to this site more than once a few months.
Well it sucks to see you leave. Perhaps if we all worked on a common project more of us would have an incentive to stay and do one more thing for the community. I still mod once in a while, working on my Raised Fist infantry modification, but not as much as before since I'm taken by school and work. To be honest there is still stuff to be modded in this game, things to be changed, fixed, tweaked to perfection for a next release. I will stay as long as their is an interest in modding by what's left of the community.

But yeah, I hope you come back some day. Same goes for the others who have quit.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

If EA would release the source code I would fly back in faster than light.

I'll be around hopefully. School is bogging me down on top of other things. Lack of interest might be due to lack of time, I have no idea.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"