Make My couch move

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
No-Half-Measures

Re: Make My couch move

Post by No-Half-Measures »

Ok i took your code added it to make Box and it fell through the whole map even the building =/ then i relised your code had these set to "0" in the Obhect.con

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setHasCollisionPhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.HasCollisionPhysics 0
I set them too "1"

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setHasCollisionPhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.HasCollisionPhysics 1
and the box could be pushed about by the Player on the building mesh and map mesh but bullets did not move it and neither did the explosion of nades nor the nade hitting it unless it had a very low mass, so ive solved the falling through bulding problem but i havn't a clue on how to make it so bullets can move the object =/ but i wil try to see if i can figur it out.

oh yh i also noticed than if i pushed the box against the wall and kept pushing it i waledk inside it, now that could be my bad box making skills or it could be a problem you come across i dont know we will wait and see.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

Wait don't use the code I had up,that's not the code im using,this is,and bullets dont move objects,only a pco will move a pco.
Attachments
couch.rar
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 869 times
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

As I have said in my last post (did you read it?), your couch most likely has to be a PCO and must take damage from the bullets inorder to react to them. This includes any reaction to explosion force. ;) (also be sure "hasResponsePhysics" is turned on)

You can try making a new tracer and put it on all your weapons. Make it so the couch only takes damage from the tracer. (but very little damage. You can set damageMod to really tiny number, but as long as it is not zero, the couch will respond to the explosion force). You can also make the tracer invisible if you don't want it to be visible to the player.

If the new tracer is set to only damage the couch and other props you want it to, then the explosion force of that tracer won't effect anything else. ;)

Or better yet, give all the standard bullets an explosion material and customize it's damage system to effect only the props. It will be the same result. The explosion force you set will only effect objects set to take damage from the material2 material setting. ;) Probably don't need to use tracers if you can just give all the normal bullets a special explosion material. You don't have to worry about "seeing the explosion". That is an effect either as an endEffect on the projectile or a effect activated by the material system. So as long as you don't define the effect, the explosion it self will not be visible. ;)

As for it falling through the building mesh, try adjusting the height of the object so that it is not in contact with the building when it spawns. Sometimes if an object spawns right on or partly through a collision mesh, it will simply fall through. It's the same type of collision bug that some players use to do wall glitches to glitch them selves into buildings they shouldn't be in. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
No-Half-Measures

Post by No-Half-Measures »

MR PINK BALLS wrote:Wait don't use the code I had up,that's not the code im using,this is,and bullets dont move objects,only a pco will move a pco.
Well i used your code and It works fine it collides with the building fine, only problem is it bounces around a little it tilted or topled there again me CoG is in the middle of the box but yh doesn't fall through ^^ if it still falls through for you, you might wish to check your objects layout and make sure it has a "COL01_" if it does have it and still falls through i have no idea.

@Apache Thunder I read it but didnt quiet understand but now you have explained it a little more i do not fully as myself personaly havnt played around with Tracers befor but damage materials i have but assigning them to and obeject is somthing i do not know how but could be usefull if i do learnn it.

EDIT: lol the box/couch may not fall through the building mesh but my nades do lol and also i still can not jump inside my building =S
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

My post was directed at Mr. Pink Balls. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

MR PINK BALLS wrote:Wait don't use the code I had up,that's not the code im using,this is,and bullets dont move objects,only a pco will move a pco.
can you post up the mesh too..

and I have to agree with the sentiment, Pink. you dont read responses or acknowledge them dude.. it's a little trait of yours. ;)
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

fgjhjkxHdLH
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

On the other hand that gives you a free pass to rant& annoy Pink as much as you want without ever having to feel bad :lol:
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

senshi...you are the reason my balls are pink.
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen