Re: Make My couch move

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

no i changed that already
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I might have solved it ... but maybe not! With my helmet code i had to...

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1
... on the helmet spawner so it would stay attached to the helmet kitpart. So maybe you'll have to make your "SimpleObject" map object a "Bundle" and addTemplate the couch spawner to it with ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1. Of course i had problems with this myself. My helmet kept bobbing up & down on the soldiers heads. Try it!
Pray hard, die fast
No-Half-Measures

Post by No-Half-Measures »

Coroner47 wrote:I might have solved it ... but maybe not! With my helmet code i had to...

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1
... on the helmet spawner so it would stay attached to the helmet kitpart. So maybe you'll have to make your "SimpleObject" map object a "Bundle" and addTemplate the couch spawner to it with ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1. Of course i had problems with this myself. My helmet kept bobbing up & down on the soldiers heads. Try it!
If he adds the "ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1" to it it wil only hold it there till someone hits it and then it will fall through. What he wants is for it to collide with the Static object in which it is placed in and be able to be knocked about without it falling through this static object.

@MR PINK Balls, at first i was going to say maybe you need to give the building collision mesh but you wouldn't be able to walk on it then ^^ maybe try adding it as part of the bundle in the house, could make it collide with it then but im not sure if it would be movable but like i said i dont know so try it it might just work.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

No-Half-Measures wrote:give the building collision mesh
?? wouldn't be able to walk through?,the building has collision...I dont think I understand what you are saying,anyway,if I add it to the bundle it may collide ill try
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

can you post the object and mesh. did you note what i suggested about spring position.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

yea that's all fixed with the springs ill post up
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
No-Half-Measures

MR PINK BALLS wrote:
?? wouldn't be able to walk through?,the building has collision...I dont think I understand what you are saying,anyway,if I add it to the bundle it may collide ill try

Read it propaly as i said "At first i was going to say maybe you need to give the building collision mesh but you wouldn't be able to walk on it then ^^"

Duh i said thats what i was going to say ^^ Read propaply maybe you'll get somewere then cause if you keep skim reading you'll miss things or missunderstand things like you just did.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

No-Half-Measures wrote:
MR PINK BALLS wrote:

Read it propaly as i said "At first i was going to say maybe you need to give the building collision mesh but you wouldn't be able to walk on it then ^^"

Duh i said thats what i was going to say ^^ Read propaply maybe you'll get somewere then cause if you keep skim reading you'll miss things or missunderstand things like you just did.
Ahh got what your saying,but if you had read,you would know,the object has to have collision because its THE MAP,no need to be rude about it.
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
No-Half-Measures

MR PINK BALLS wrote:
No-Half-Measures wrote: Ahh got what your saying,but if you had read,you would know,the object has to have collision because its THE MAP,no need to be rude about it.
sorry not trying to be rude about it was just trying to make a point, and im not saying remove the collision but it doesnt matter now, in about half 1hour 30mins im gona make a mock up of what you are trying to do and ill test and configer till i get it working then ill post back with results and hopfully some code. thats if no one has cracked it by then ^^

EDIT:

how comes i can not jump on my object like the mock building i made i get on it and i can not jump im stuck walk/running on it???