Auto Ingame Chat Messages

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
GreenHippo

Auto Ingame Chat Messages

Post by GreenHippo »

Is there a way to have the server send chat messages in game unattended.

Like server rules. Many players ignore the login window where I post some rules.

I spam the rules once every 3-5 minutes myself when I am playing using a text macro program.
Since I started doing this players have stopped blowing up team vehicles and planes.

But when I am not on the server all hell breaks loose.

I want to spam the rules, not excessively, so players understand them.

Thanks.

EDIT- This is for the 1942 Demo
Dennis|8749236

Re: Auto Ingame Chat Messages

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

Demo..
I dont know about Demo. i only know the full version have server announcement system which is server will automaticly send specific message at certain delay.
You can check is it hardcoded in the engine or not, if its already coded, i think you can use it in Demo too..
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Use good ol' BFSM (Server Manager), which has a nice and easy option for setting up auto messages. Plus lots of other nice things. Google will help you :) . I'm surprised to see there are BF42 servers WITHOUT BFSM, actually...
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

It is for BF-1942 Demo.
I dont know is BFSM works on Demo or not..
GreenHippo

Post by GreenHippo »

Looks like its for version 1.2 and higher. Tried the BFSM and it looked for bf1942.exe so changed the name of bf1942demo.exe to that.
Ran BFSM again and it wanted v1.2 and up.

Demo is v1.0 that we use.

Thanks for all your input anyway.
freddy

Post by freddy »

GreenHippo wrote: using a text macro program.
im curious, whats a text macro program?

im not sure in anyway this works, but you could try with an old version of the BFSM program, or old and old but a low version number :)
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

Macro is something that you do something with input, and a program will automaticly do some "input" for you.
For example: BF2, some Helo CoPilot use macro that you press some button, it will output right mouse button and double left mouse button, so they can fire Hellfire TV Guided Missile quickly and have some advantage (actually AGM-114 dont have a TV guide version, also i consider thats cheating)

And.. If the lower version's BF1942 dont support auto server message, i think that would be useless...
Because 1942 dont have it then where did it get?
Try open the demo and find the setting folder. Find a file called announcement.con
i never use it before but from the name of the file, i guess is the file that stores the announcement of the server.
If you have that file in your Demo's setting folder, then i think the demo do have auto server message system.