Spawn soldier

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Dennis|8749236

Re: Spawn soldier

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

I love Quad Bofors.
And i think i'm off-topic >.<
------------------------------------------
A little suggestion: The V-1 is very "inaccurate" (which is result by the wrong information about V-1 land spot that send by the german spy that controled by UK)
So i think you should add the "inaccurate" feature to your map, so the Target wont go BOOM so quickly..
Also, i suggest make the V-1 touchable.
In WWII, lots of pilot dive to approach the V-1 and use wingtip to make them roll into stall (they have no alieron) instead of shooting them, thats because the huge blast of V-1 can also destory Fighter, so, please make it more realer =P
wait a minute... is realer a word?
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
anselmus

Post by anselmus »

Well, help is welcome and opinions, too.
I have to learn to dribble the famous problem of BF42 do not see more than one spawn point, as did the Apache in Coral Sea
Apache, give us their knowledge jedi
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Hi all,
been some time since I was here :D

I have the destructible factory working and added soldier spawns to it, once the factory has been destroyed the enemy will no longer have a spawn point, then when all enemy soldiers are dead the game will be won,
I have tryed to add more destructible factorys but there seem to be a problem with the spawn groups on the destructible factory, I have added new objects files for new factorys with new names and have tryed to make new spawn groups for them but the game ignored this and just continues to use the same spawn group for all of them,
so if I place 3 factorys in I still only get one spawn point between them and it will spawn you at random at either 3.

So I guess I need to know how to create multiple factories from the one set of object files for the destructible factory,
I do know they did this with the radar towers in "Battle of Britain" map but cant seem to make work with the factory object.
I have been at it for 2 days and have good progress but this one last thing has got me stumped.......

Fizzy.
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

First, please creat a new discuss topic =)
Second, now i'm going to answer ur question.
If you want 3 different spawn point selector (the white dot) for 3 different destructable building, you need 3 different spawn group for each of them.
Also, if you want make the spawn point still avaiable after the building id BOOMed.. you can add an object to the effect that is stationary and have same spawn point on it, Also you can set TimeToLive to determine how long the spawnpoint will still exist after the building is caboom..
Also, the game ignores your file is probably because you did not tell game to run them.
There is a file in the map(if you are changing the map like Battle_of_Britain), under object folder named "object.con". In this file, it have all kind of stuffs like run folder/file(technically you can write whatever code in that file just follow the grammar), something like that, those code are telling the game which file in the map need to run when load the map (more file = longer loading period).
And, another impossible(seems impossible to me) error, that is you named all the new object with 1 name that is already been used, which may cause same problem..
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
anselmus

Post by anselmus »

I guess the question of the Fizzy, is related to what I talked about what Apache did in Coral sea, I believe that a full tutorial is welcome.
The Hangar now spawning soldiers, works nice.
Thanks
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Sorry about the post here, it was anselmus that emailed me for some help with this for a new map and I seen the post about it,
I am not sure if I can get everything to work yet,
I have cheeked everything you suggested but still no go.. The factories load as 3 new separate objects with there own object spawns..ect..
but I think the main problem is the spawn groups, it seems that the original factory spawns control all of them and when I remove the spawn group on the original factory
it just crashes back to desktop, I did create new spawn groups as the same as the original one but as different groups but something is making the first spawn group dominant,
.... :? ... well I will need to keep looking...

Fizzy.
anselmus

Post by anselmus »

I think the solution is simple Fizzy: Who knows how to, help those who do not know.
I think there is more grandeur teach what you knows, than just showing what you did with success.
Admin or not, if you have knowledge of the solution, make a tutorial ... you will not die for it.
Magnifies the forum.
Thanks.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

Simple to help yes, but I can't do much about making a tutorial on the subject if I only have a certain amount of working material not quite 100%
The reason for the post's where to see if some one here could shed a bit more light on what I may be doing wrong with it,
There could be some one who can give some pointers on spawn groups.
I understand the frustration there are not a lot of experienced people doing battlefield 1942 anymore, more than 7 years ago I knew some great people,
most hung up there boots and moved on and I have almost done the same,
I may look in to getting a tutorial but is early days yet.

Fizzy.
freddy

Post by freddy »

well perhaps post some code may help us see the problem.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I can use this kind of code to make some sort of "auto turret" or sentry gun.
Apache Thunder has an example in his DC_Unauthorized mod.

The soldier is invisible, so it looks like the turret is electronic/automated.
And the AI still aims and shoots the gun as if it were a normal stationary MG.

All it really needs is an AI soldier spawner attached to it, and the exit point somewhere strategic.

A lot of cool ideas can be made up with this sort of object. You can have defensive bunkers that the player has to infiltrate and blow up.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™