Make a miniature Map

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Poow

Re: Make a miniature Map

Post by Poow »

It looks like it's only possible with closed houses or other objects.
Maybe the open houses have some bundles with other objects in it...
In BC it looks good, but not in the game.

Image Image

Btw, some day this mouse have to leave the house! :lol:
You’re entering a world of pain!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Ah forgot about that too -_- .

The "open" houses have indeed interior bundles (check their objects.con and you'll see what I mean, they have some props (tables, carpets, whatever) added to them that way...IIRC you can only scale simpleobjects, not bundles :( .
Poow

Post by Poow »

That's okay for me. There are enough simple objects :)
Thanks!
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

you should use a better image hoster
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Poow

Post by Poow »

You don't use FF + Adblock?
Normally I use the direct link to the image. But this would be not too good here in this forum because the images are shown in the original size.
Which one is a good image hoster I should use here? I don't like imageshack anymore, its too slow :?
Do you know some good pages?
freddy

Post by freddy »

one thing tho, if you resize a map with GeometryTemplate.worldSize 2048 mountains and peeks will be very pointy and narrow and to smooth them out a bit you can play with the GeometryTemplate.yScale 0.6 value

example GeometryTemplate.worldSize 1028
GeometryTemplate.yScale 0.4

unfortunately this works only for the map so objects will have to be replaced and the minimap changed to.

i tried with GeometryTemplate.worldSize 4096 once to and it worked but the textures got a bit stretched or something and every now and then white glitched trow from some angles

you can also play around some with Game.SetActiveCombatArea where you can use what ever values as it isnt depending on a divider. if i remember right the area outside this value will be threaten the same way as if your outside the map eg taking "outside world" damage

one more thing as for speaking worldsize, this can be set different for bots and will change how they behave when getting close to the real map edges.
No-Half-Measures

Post by No-Half-Measures »

freddy wrote: i tried with GeometryTemplate.worldSize 4096 once to and it worked but the textures got a bit stretched or something and every now and then white glitched trow from some angles

Ah but if he changed them and textures didnt looks right, he could import it into BC42 and regenerate the textures so they fixed and looked normal.