Generating a Battlecraft 1942 ".lst" file with bf1942_r.exe?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Skull Kid

Generating a Battlecraft 1942 ".lst" file with bf1942_r.exe?

Post by Skull Kid »

I noticed in the debugger that it could generate .con files in the main game directory, that looks like the objects and such. So, would it also be possible for the debugger to generate a .con file with a similar look to the .lst format?
Regards,

Skull Kid
duffman

Re: Generating a Battlecraft 1942 ".lst" file with bf1942_r.

Post by duffman »

I got curious about your question, and it would make sense to implement that in the debug executable. Especially considering all the other generating stuff they built in. So I did some "analysis" on the executable and found a reference to ".lst".
Unfurtunatly it seems to be used by a different command:

Editor.saveFolderToArchive [FOLDER_NAME/RFA_NAME] [0=FILES ONLY|1=RECURSIVE FOLDERS] [0=UNCOMPRESSED|1=COMPRESSED]

Root path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\"
Example:
Editor.saveFolderToArchive bf1942 1 1
Will add the folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\bf1942"
Recursive (all sub-folders and files), with compression on.
File will be saved with same name as folder: bf1942.rfa in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\".
And it creates bf1942.lst containing list of all files added to the rfa with compressed size and real size.

Which is probably an inline console command for the similar command line argument to make RFA's:

bf1942_r.exe" +workingFolder "%GAME_INSTALL_PATH%" +makeArchive bf1942/levels/%BUILD_NAME% 1 1

It doesnt seem to be any other commands that might generate what you are looking for, probably "Battlecraft 1942" was made at a "later" stage and so this wasnt thought about.

Would have been really cool to be able to generate the .lst file based on the files in the mod folder..