[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4875: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Battlefield 1942 Mods, Modding Tutorials. Forums and Mod Downloads. • View topic - Battlefield 1942 Mod Tools

Battlefield 1942 Mod Tools

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers

Re: Battlefield 1942 Mod Tools

Postby Senshi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 am

I have a problem. Apparently tgasplit.exe is unable to split into more than 9 segments. When giving a parameter like "tgasplit Merged.tga 16" it only reads the "1" of the "16" and creates a single file again. Values from 1-9 work fine, though. But I need 16 segments! Any ideas or another tool to do the work?
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby Senshi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:51 am

Last problem solved. I simply forwarded the source code to my brother who happens to be an engine progammer for a game studio and he quickly whipped up the exe, it now supports up to 29 segments :) . Grab it here (@mods: feel free to update the link in the initial post!
tgasplit.rar
tgasplit.exe MERGED.tga 16
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 1726 times

But well, a new problem has arisen!

Could someone please test the TGA Merge tool? Just convert your tx .dds files to .tga in a map\textures-folder. Then use TGAMerge to merge them to a location of your choice. If you don't have TGAMerge (I see it's not on the mod tool list! A fatal flaw ;) ! ), grab it here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-236 ... e.rar.html

Please tell me if the merged image looks okay or if it is distorted. Please also state what operating system you have.

I have this problem:

It's difficult to spot, but every row (left to right) is flipped vertically. Just compare it with the second image which I fixed manually.

Obviously, this messup is fatal and currently I have to fix this manually (flipping every row by hand in Photoshop). I have this problem now on Win7 and can't recall having it before on XP...

And yes, it is a reskinned Gazala...no cookies for spotting that. :P

EDIT: I also suggest clarifying the syntax higlighting stuff! Coroners syntax highlighting is for the tool "Textpad" (IIRC) while mine is for "Notepad++" (the latter should be linked too, I think, it's a very popular and formidable text editor), homepage: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby yanapa » Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 pm

yanapa

Postby Poow » Thu May 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Dude, that tool is just AWESOME! :mrgreen:
You’re entering a world of pain!
Poow

Postby HJGF » Thu May 06, 2010 11:02 pm

nice GJ
HJGF

Postby Senshi » Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 am

Absolutely SPECTACULAR!
Finally I can scrap that damn old winRFA tool!
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby freddy » Fri May 07, 2010 10:56 pm

wow sounds good, i must try it out. thanks!
freddy

Postby yanapa » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 am

Hi, I'm back.

Thanks for your comments!
If you have downloaded BGA, please download the latest version if you use it, older one will corrupt RFA archive in some conditions.
yanapa

Postby Senshi » Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

I have no google account, so I can't make direct requests on your link :( .

However, I have suggestions:
It would be very cool if you could change the folder selection window when "extracting" so it allows the entry of paths manually. I hate having to click through the folders until I have the correct folder, when typing it in manually (or Strg+C/V) would be so much quicker.

Also, packing folders misses a feature badly: The "Base Path" thingie in WinRFA. Basically I'd need a possiblity to add more base folders, especially when packing level files. For sake of practicability, they are all in the same folder for use in Ed42 (bfdev\bf1942\levels\), but currently I can't pack a single level, because the folders bf1942\levels\ will be missing in the rfa.
Currently I have to workaround by packing the bfdev\1942 folder and then delete all the levels I never wanted to be included...but for one, this isn't elegant at all, and second it takes tremendous amounts of time, as I have quite some GB of map files floating in that folder currently...so Either grant us a possibility to assing a Base Path as in WinRFA or (even cooler) allow us to create new folders inside of BGA. We can drag folders around in BGA already, so I hope it's not that much of a problem to make it possible to create new folders?
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby yanapa » Wed May 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Yop senshi! Thanks for your feedback!

Browse folder is now smarter, it will allow you to directly copy/paste a full path.
Base path has also been added (can be disabled if neccessary by unchecking the property) with "Pack directory".
Now, you can create a new folder (warning, an empty folder cannot be saved, it will be automatically removed) anywhere.
You can also drag/drop files/folder, changes will be taken into account during save.
Finally you can also renamed any files/folder.

I'm planning to add drag&drop from BGA to explorer for an easyier extraction.

http://code.google.com/p/bga/downloads/list
yanapa

PreviousNext

Return to 1942 Modding Discussion