Freemoving "static"object

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Poow

Freemoving "static"object

Post by Poow »

Hey
I would like to make this pylons have a kind of realistic behaviour if you drive into it with a car.

I think I have to make a PCO out of it right? :geek:
Do you know a good example for something like this?
If it possible the car shouldn't take any damage after a collision neither any big change in the driving direction.
You’re entering a world of pain!
LightSpeed///

Re: Freemoving "static"object

Post by LightSpeed/// »

You do need to make it a pco, but if you give it low mass the car should not change direction much and the cone will be flung
AKA WhatThe
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I hope those cones aren't to scale...cause those are some large cones if compared to that tank. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Poow

Post by Poow »

No, I've scaled them up for the pic ~ 100% dunno why :)
You’re entering a world of pain!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

i tried to make a shooting range with cans once that you could shoot.. it worked although the physics were crap on tiny objects. :/
you can do it though.. just needs a lot of tweeking to get them to behave well..
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Check out my "The Simulator" map in my DC Unauthorized mod. It's got tons of tiny intractable objects you can push around and such. The balls even roll around when you hit them. :D'

If the physics of really tiny stuff is giving you a hard time, simply create a large box mesh and make it invisible with a alpha texture. Then take the collision mesh from your visible mesh and merge with the bix box mesh and use that as the main mesh. Then addTemplate the visible mesh as a child object. The game uses the LOD and not the collision for "flight physics". That also includes how objects behave when they move in any direction. Even for land vehicles.

That is the method I used to get my mini RC helo to fly properly. Cause without that it would go completely bonkers the moment you launched it. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

yea im actually working on a mod pertaining to this now

Coutches,chairs,tables,bookshelves,ect ect,will be low mass so the solider can shoot them and make them move,in order to create blockades/barricades in front of doors to keep out ,uhh,something,not releasing all der info yet but hears a pic to keep u happy :P]

Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

MR PINK BALLS wrote:yea im actually working on a mod pertaining to this now

Coutches,chairs,tables,bookshelves,ect ect,will be low mass so the solider can shoot them and make them move,in order to create blockades/barricades in front of doors to keep out ,uhh,something,not releasing all der info yet but hears a pic to keep u happy :P]

heheh you seem to be working on a combination of TF2 hide n seek and now Zombie panic source :) sounds fun!
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

DOH
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
No-Half-Measures

Post by No-Half-Measures »

MR PINK BALLS wrote:yea im actually working on a mod pertaining to this now

Nice sounds good =]

regarding the Freemoving static object, i did this once in BF1942 with the pre exsisting barrel, when i pushed or shot it it would allways end up back on its A** i looked at its Object im Gmax and found that the center of mass (center of the grid) was dead center at the bottom so i re possitioned it was the center was Z,X and Y centered not just X & Y packed it and played in game and it worked well not brilliantly but did work well had to play with its mass a little too, gota think of it this way BF1942 is an old game so it has all of the things that many games do not have today