ED 42 crashing

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Reblau

ED 42 crashing

Post by Reblau »

Hi. I have a problem with ED 42 crashing when saving my map. It seems like the problem is related to saving objects, since any other changes gets saved despite the crash. All object modifications on the other hands remains unsaved. Trying to save objects only will also result in a crash. The map was working fine earlier with no crashes. How can i solve this problem? //Reblau
Darkstef

Re: ED 42 crashing

Post by Darkstef »

Got the same problem but with the minimap, if I modify the minimap ED42 crash when saving.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Have you manually edited anything in the conquest folder? Try removing the folder and saving.. then you know the problem is in there somewhere.

Do you mean static objects or spawners/flags too?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Did you delete any soldier spawns? The moment I try that in the Editor, it will just keep crashing until I manually delete the spawn that caused it as Ed42 treats soldier spawns like object template spawns and will delete the soldier spawn but not the spawn template and ED42 gets all forked up for some reason when that happens. :P

Object Spawn Templates can sometimes cause issues, but in my experience it has almost always been the result of a bad soldier spawn. Go in the conquest folder and manually clear out all of your soldier spawns and spawn templates and see if ED42 will save without a crash after that. Then you can either try and find the offending spawn that messed things up or you can redo all the soldier spawns. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Yes never delete any spawnpoints in editor42. I myself also have problems with saving but it only appears when i try to save the whole map. If you want to keep the most important changes, you need to save the objects, height and texture first and then try to save everything. I think the only reason why i even need to save all is that only then editor will save minimap.
Reblau

Post by Reblau »

Hi again and thanks for the advice with soldier spawns and such. I will try that, tho i'm kind of doubtful it will work since i never deleted any soldier spawns / capture points. The only thing i cant seem to get saved is object spawners. I can save everything but those.
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

i cant use Ed 42 because once i save a map i'll never be able to open it again. as Ed42 crashes when trying to open said map.

Even if all i do is open it and save it without any modifications, Ed42 will crash next time i try to open it. It does something to the maps, but i dont know what
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Wait, what? I thought ED'42 was invincible compared to BC'42. What's happening?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™