Little questions about modding.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Poow

Re: Little questions about modding.

Post by Poow »

Uhm, I guess I've spawned the wrong mortar.
I will check this later.
You’re entering a world of pain!
Poow

Post by Poow »

Hey folks,

I Have two questions:

1.: Is it possible to create a PCO in which you enter automatically by entering the entrance radius? (Not the mobile spawn point thing)
Like a trap or something.

2.: Is it possible to create a PCO where you are getting kicked out after some seconds?

*bumb*
freddy

Post by freddy »

by 1. never seen anything like that, i guess it is a hardcoded thing with the e button, thought about it but cant figure out a way to get around it.

by 2. have seen something like that in a thread (if i remember it correctly) it was some coding error, i think somebody built a own PCO, that made the soldier get thrown out the vehicle rather quickly after they had entered it. must be somewhere in the old forum

edit: http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... 3aeb2e16e5

http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... &sk=t&sd=a
freddy

Post by freddy »

well heres a theory for ya, looking at weapons we dont need to have a input key defined for it to work, default is left mouse button so that to must be hardcoded i guess. but as we know we can change that with a simple line like for example: ObjectTemplate.setInputFire c_PIAltFire or what ever we need.

now im thinking if there something similar code that can be used for PCO´s then if one could change the "e" button to "w" would lead to entering the PCO as soon you walk up close to it.

just an idea, i dont know if it can be done i think it all depends on if there are any ObjectTemplate.setInput something that can be found/used.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

by 2. have seen something like that in a thread (if i remember it correctly) it was some coding error, i think somebody built a own PCO, that made the soldier get thrown out the vehicle rather quickly after they had entered it. must be somewhere in the old forum

That's a bug that happens if you have assigned an invalid networkableinfo on a PCO. Thus pressing E will get you in and out at once. If you press E very quickly and release it very quickly too, you will stay in, however. This is not a method that you should use for auto-exit, though, as a invalid networkable simply leads to a CtD when you try Multiplayer...
Poow

Post by Poow »

Did you even seen this old site.

Pretty new for me :?

http://www.velotech.net/battlefield/tutorials.php
freddy

Post by freddy »

iwé come across it now and then when googling on stuff
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've been aware of that one for quite a while. It has a neat database of all (or most anyway) BF42/BFV commands. It even lists commands not used anywhere. It's where I found the explosionmaterial command I used on my APMines. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Poow

Post by Poow »

Is it possible to make projectiles float over the ground at level "X"?... Without any dummy wheels it's not possible right?
They should be able to follow decent gradients at the map -> No water engine, float stuff.

Just to get sure here is a sketch:

questions? :D
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

By my knowledge, that's only possible in a dream. I'm not even sure if modern games could do that.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™