Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like map

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
YeOldOne404

Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like map

Post by YeOldOne404 »

I would like to add the B25 from FH mod to my BF1942 map. Finding the files isn't really hard. I just need help placing them in the right locations in my map files.

My plan is to replace the planes on the Enterprise with the B25. I would like to have two carriers with spawn points, and two B25.

I've been trying to get it to work in BC1942. But my map wouldn't load. So I had to start over.

My goal is to have a map similar to Battle of Britain. I can't get the destructible factory or radartowers to load in BC1942. How do I get the whole map to load in BC1942?
I need the destructible factory and radartowers for my map to work.

How do I get this to work? I have BC1942, MDT, Editor42.
freddy

Re: Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like m

Post by freddy »

The planes should be fairly easy to port over, but unfortunately i think the FH mod uses its own damage value system. Meaning bf42 bullets might not work on those planes.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Right, you want to bring the 3D models into 3ds Max or something and change the COL01 and COL02 mesh IDs that represent vanilla BF'42 planes. Since it's a B25 you may want to use the B17 or Ju 87A as a reference, you can also use this to help:

Code: Select all

60 Planes: Mstng, Crsr, Sptfr, Yak9, Ju87, Bf109 (engines/cockpit)
           Zero (engines/cockpit/fuselage)
           SBD  (all)

61 Planes: <most>    (wings)
           Mustang (tail)

62 Planes: Mustang (wings)
           B17     (tail)

63 Planes: D3A1, Ju87 (cockpit)
           <most>     (tail)
64 ?
65 ?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

Battlecrap is from Satan.

Ed42 is from God.

Where do you wanna go when you die?
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

freddy wrote:The planes should be fairly easy to port over, but unfortunately i think the FH mod uses its own damage value system. Meaning bf42 bullets might not work on those planes.
The files are easy to find. But I'm not a coder or modeler.

Swaffy wrote:Right, you want to bring the 3D models into 3ds Max or something and change the COL01 and COL02 mesh IDs that represent vanilla BF'42 planes. Since it's a B25 you may want to use the B17 or Ju 87A as a reference, you can also use this to help:

Code: Select all

60 Planes: Mstng, Crsr, Sptfr, Yak9, Ju87, Bf109 (engines/cockpit)
           Zero (engines/cockpit/fuselage)
           SBD  (all)

61 Planes: <most>    (wings)
           Mustang (tail)

62 Planes: Mustang (wings)
           B17     (tail)

63 Planes: D3A1, Ju87 (cockpit)
           <most>     (tail)
64 ?
65 ?

I can understand using the B17 as a reference point. But I don't have a clue how to do those changes.
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

you will either have to open those models in Max and change the collision matIds to vanilla BF values, or use forcematId to change them.

Download forcematId here --> https://gamefront.online/files/650675/_ ... ep2002.zip

Copy forcematId.exe to your StandardMesh folder. Grab the mesh you want to change (the .sm, not the .rs) and drag/drop it onto forcematId.exe. When the command opens, input a new collision number...in this case, use 60.

You won't be able to set multiple collision ids, but this will allow the plane to be damaged by vanilla projectiles.
freddy

Post by freddy »

If you just want those planes in a map, then i recommend open the battle of britain map and look at how they implemented the Junkers Ju 88
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

takiwa wrote:you will either have to open those models in Max and change the collision matIds to vanilla BF values, or use forcematId to change them.

Download forcematId here --> https://gamefront.online/files/650675/_ ... ep2002.zip

Copy forcematId.exe to your StandardMesh folder. Grab the mesh you want to change (the .sm, not the .rs) and drag/drop it onto forcematId.exe. When the command opens, input a new collision number...in this case, use 60.

You won't be able to set multiple collision ids, but this will allow the plane to be damaged by vanilla projectiles.
Would I click on the forcematId.exe first? Or would I literally drag/drop it onto forcematId.exe? Would I do this to just one .sm for the plane, or for each .sm the plane has? If all .sm one by one, or all at once?
freddy wrote:If you just want those planes in a map, then i recommend open the battle of britain map and look at how they implemented the Junkers Ju 88
I want to replace the planes on the carriers for the B25. Instead of each carrier having corsairs & SDB, they'd have B25's. The B25's would not spawn on land.
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

YeOldOne404 wrote:Would I click on the forcematId.exe first? Or would I literally drag/drop it onto forcematId.exe? Would I do this to just one .sm for the plane, or for each .sm the plane has? If all .sm one by one, or all at once?
drag & drop, you can't click on the .exe, it runs in command mode.

all you need for a plane is the fuselage, simple, and wreck. Fuselage and simple should be 60, wreck should be 85
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

In 3DS Max 7 (or whichever one you use)

Open your 3D model into the program using the BF1942 import tool. Do Ctrl+A to select all the models, then right-click and choose Convert To > Poly

Under the editing tab you want to find Face then click on a face and scroll down the right side panel until you find the material IDs (squares that say 1 2 3 4 5, etc) you will find two text boxes that you can type a number into. When you have a face selected the other text box will say its Mat ID, click on Select All and you will select every face that has that Mat ID then you can change it to what you like. Then you can type a different number into the first text box, hit Enter, and it will change their values.

I would get pics but I'm tight on time X|
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™