Modding Bf3?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
BotHunter

Modding Bf3?

Post by BotHunter »

Hey guys, there isn't really a spot for this, so I thought I'd just post it here.

Is it possible to mod BF3? Thanks! :D
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
freddy

Re: Modding Bf3?

Post by freddy »

BotHunter wrote:Hey guys, there isn't really a spot for this, so I thought I'd just post it here.

Is it possible to mod BF3? Thanks! :D
short answer, nope!

there is no mod tools, and that game engine is so complicated its no idea to even try make something
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

Ahh. Wow.

Thanks! :D
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The FrostBIte engine is an unholy clusterf***k that not only became a buggy monster with the introduction of BF4, the engine is so convoluted you practically have to recompile the whole damn game just to make a new map. Even if the engine had mod tools, I wouldn't touch it with a 9 foot pole... :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

Okay.

There seem to be a trash load of people out there that want a ww2 game on a frostbite engine. So I was wondering if I could mod bf3 for that.
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

So then my only hope is improving 1942 :D

The way I see it, the main problem with 1942 is the shadows. we don't seem to have realistic shadows on vehicles and buildings. the only real way to fix this may not even work. :)

So what if I made a projectile with a Hit effect that made a small area whatever it hit "brighter" (This could be done with a semi-transparent tga or dds). then comes the sketchy part. we would have to make an object that is always shooting this projectile in all directions at an incredible rate of fire. Then, this would probably seem to simulate a shadow effect.

Make any sense?
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

and lots and lots of lag.
The problem is the AutoFire code doesn't work too well, as it was never finished as nothing really needed it. I tried to get AutoFire to work, but it's as buggy as nothing you would believe.(Well, maybe vehicles with their hulls deleted, but that's besides the point.)

I made this tank in my mod, called the Deviation_of_Doom, it has 651 rocket tubes, and fires 10 times a second. I made it over heat really fast to try to prevent this, but prolonged fire, crashes the game. That would kill the game from so many projectiles.

but...
THAT COULD BE USED FOR FLASHLIGHTS!!! :D
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Why would one need this for flashlights? If its an effect bundle you have tied to the flashlight "handweapon". It doesn't have to fire anything at all. Just code the effect template so that it always activates on creation. Thus it won't need the fire key for it work. Merely selecting the flashlight in the kit would turn it on. ;)

Also there is a BF1942 game that that EA made on Frostbite. It goes by the name of "Battlefield 1943". But they only released it on consoles. Bastards never made a PC port. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

And it only has the pacific theater, which stinks, because I love dem Tiger Tanks! :lol:
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

You guys think this would work?