New HTroop News!.....Also, Can anyone tell me how to solve t

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
professor_smith

New HTroop News!.....Also, Can anyone tell me how to solve t

Post by professor_smith »

Hello,
This is Professor Smith, regarding the newest on HTroop, my mini-mod for Bf1942. I have made sure that HTroop requires all of the other mods from which I have received permission to use their material. My Bro Morphos, is working on some professional videos to best show both all of your's, other's, and my work. Morphos' live stream, where we will be streaming HTroop as soon as I get this last problem fixed (see below):

http://www.twitch.tv/morphos_xl

The issue I am having is that some of the maps (not all) are loading, then the clients join, but after the clients select their spawnpoints, they cannot spawn into that spawnpoint. The counter counts downward, and it says select spawnpoint, allows you to select it, then resets the counter when you hit done or press enter.

Any ideas why said maps are doing this?

One other thing. After reading a bunch of different & opposing opinions on this subject by some very well known modders, I am still confused about whether every map's coop.con files should have this format or not:

if v_arg1 == host
Game.setNumberOfTickets 1 100
Game.setNumberOfTickets 2 100
Game.setTicketLostPerMin 1 7
Game.setTicketLostPerMin 2 7
endIf

run SinglePlayer/SoldierSpawnTemplates
run SinglePlayer/SoldierSpawns
run SinglePlayer/SpawnpointManagerSettings
run SinglePlayer/ObjectSpawnTemplates
run SinglePlayer/ControlPointTemplates

if v_arg1 == host

run ai
run SinglePlayer/ObjectSpawns
run SinglePlayer/ControlPoints

endIf

--------------------------------------------------------------

Any solid, for sure statements about this?

Thank You,

Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
freddy

Re: New HTroop News!.....Also, Can anyone tell me how to sol

Post by freddy »

professor_smith wrote: The issue I am having is that some of the maps (not all) are loading, then the clients join, but after the clients select their spawnpoints, they cannot spawn into that spawnpoint. The counter counts downward, and it says select spawnpoint, allows you to select it, then resets the counter when you hit done or press enter.

Any ideas why said maps are doing this?
Do you test this with a dedicated server or do you host it "ingame"? If you host it "ingame" can you then spawn without problem?
professor_smith

As the host, I am able to spawn in. However after my playtesters join the game, they cannot spawn in. They can select a spawnpoint, but never spawn in. After disconnecting, then reconnecting, sometimes, they are able to then spawn in (not always).

Professor Smith
freddy

Post by freddy »

Well i guess it could be a number of things, but about the same thing happened to me once, i was testing the different connection speed settings for some reason i cant remeber now, if i used to low (modem) speed i couldnt spawn in. Im not sure about the next step (isdn) but i think it was the same there.

That server was heavy modded with alot of stuff going on, but now i just tried with modem setting on the same (not modded) map and had no problem with spawning.

So its a long shot but at least its easy to try and turn the speed up a bit. I asked about the "ingame" hosting because i dont think there are any speed limit for the one hosting the game.
professor_smith

What do you mean by changing the speed limits? I don't use a modem. I use a router, which connects me to comcast. Can you please explain in more detail?
freddy

Post by freddy »

professor_smith wrote:What do you mean by changing the speed limits? I don't use a modem. I use a router, which connects me to comcast. Can you please explain in more detail?
Attachments
speedlimit.jpg
speedlimit.jpg (13.11 KiB) Viewed 13056 times
freddy

Post by freddy »

So did it help?
professor_smith

I'm sorry, but no it didn't. This is scripting based stuff. Not a simple change in speed limitations. Thank You anyway.
freddy

Post by freddy »

You may have to post the code you use or it can be a bit hard to help you.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Check the spawnPointManagerSettings.con file for the affected game modes. That file is what handles which spawn objects get grouped together as a selectable spawnpoint on the map and perhaps something went wrong with how those were coded. The controlpoint templates, and soldier spawn templates depend on this file to know which group they are linked to. For example if a control point isn't linked to the correct group with the right team set matching what what the CP was using, it won't change correctly when someone captures the control point and the wrong team can spawn a control point they don't control.

Also I noticed in your game mode con file another problem:

Code: Select all

if v_arg1 == host
Game.setNumberOfTickets 1 100
Game.setNumberOfTickets 2 100
Game.setTicketLostPerMin 1 7
Game.setTicketLostPerMin 2 7
endIf
That above lines of code should NOT be enclosed in the "if v_arg1 == host" variable group. It's abnormal and all the maps I've worked with don't do this. it may be causing the server/client communication problems you are encountering. Try removing that code from the v_arg1 group and see if that corrects the problem.

Everything else in your game mode con file is correct. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!