A couple questions.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
cajunwolf

Re: A couple questions.

Post by cajunwolf »

When you run the install does it have a check box for Pixel fighter? Like McCaffery does with flash, or the yahoo tool bar in many downloads? If so just uncheck it and see if GMax then installs. It's an advertising plow is all it is, a lot of free stuff comes with this stuff as extras and set for install by default. I downloaded it and will have a look when I get a chance, but in the mean time will look for the old copy I have. WTF is "Pixel Fighter" anyhow?

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

No, there isn't any check boxes. Pixel fighter is a clan on the Forgotten Hope mod. You need a bunch of junk like punk buster and mappacks to play on their server. That's what the toolbox is.
Yes my master

cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

Screw that ... I got a copy somewhere and I will provide it as a download free for everybody with no strings attached.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Sweet. Thanks so much.
Yes my master

Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Try this:
Rename the file to gmax12.zip.

Then you can open it with WinRAR/7Zip/Winzip and just extract the archive manually. Then fire up the gmaxsetup.msi and install it.

Your description is very odd, but it seems that he for whatever reason unzips correctly, but launches an entirely different setup process after that. Executing the .msi directly leaves Windows no chance to do anything wrong ;) .
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Thanks! I renamed the file to gmax12.zip, then extracted using winzip, then I ran gmaxsetup.msi, but that didn't work. But when I tried the one called SETUP, it worked fine and now gmax is installed and ready to use. :D Thanks for all your help guys!
Yes my master

cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

Well great that you have it going. I will upload my copy as soon as I can and post it in the tools section here and at battlefieldsingleplayer.com.