Reserved Slot

Master Jay

Reserved Slot

Post by Master Jay »

Okay, I see now that battlefield 1942 has a reserved slot, so I got some questions about it. My question about it is that, I can only see there can be a password for it. But is there anyway I can make it set to a keyhash so they don't need password? Cause I'm gonna make reserved slot a donation package. So people donate to us for some money :D. So If I gave the donate r the password, then there gonna give it to there friends. Which will make everything less profit to me :(. So can anyone help me with this? Also anthor question about reserved slot, I host a 20 slot bf1942 server. So If I set the amount of reserved slots to like 5, will that leave my server with 15 slot only then? Or it will make more slots to server?
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
motoko

Re: Reserved Slot

Post by motoko »

Master Jay wrote:Okay, I see now that battlefield 1942 has a reserved slot, so I got some questions about it. My question about it is that, I can only see there can be a password for it. But is there anyway I can make it set to a keyhash so they don't need password? Cause I'm gonna make reserved slot a donation package. So people donate to us for some money :D. So If I gave the donate r the password, then there gonna give it to there friends. Which will make everything less profit to me :(. So can anyone help me with this? Also anthor question about reserved slot, I host a 20 slot bf1942 server. So If I set the amount of reserved slots to like 5, will that leave my server with 15 slot only then? Or it will make more slots to server?
I don't think this is possible, albeit I've never heard of it. Also, reserved slots don't add or remove slots from the sever. Reserved slots, instead, adds proirity to the person(s) with the password, thus kicking lower-proirity users. i.e. You're server will appear like this: 20/20(5) <= This indicates that there are 20 users using the server's 20 slots with (5) reserved slots for users with higher-proirity(password). As I said, reserved slots do not add or remove slots from the server. Since the server is full, when higher-proirity person enters the password, another person would be kicked, although, I do not know how it picks the user.
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

motoko wrote:
Master Jay wrote:Okay, I see now that battlefield 1942 has a reserved slot, so I got some questions about it. My question about it is that, I can only see there can be a password for it. But is there anyway I can make it set to a keyhash so they don't need password? Cause I'm gonna make reserved slot a donation package. So people donate to us for some money :D. So If I gave the donate r the password, then there gonna give it to there friends. Which will make everything less profit to me :(. So can anyone help me with this? Also anthor question about reserved slot, I host a 20 slot bf1942 server. So If I set the amount of reserved slots to like 5, will that leave my server with 15 slot only then? Or it will make more slots to server?
I don't think this is possible, albeit I've never heard of it. Also, reserved slots don't add or remove slots from the sever. Reserved slots, instead, adds proirity to the person(s) with the password, thus kicking lower-proirity users. i.e. You're server will appear like this: 20/20(5) <= This indicates that there are 20 users using the server's 20 slots with (5) reserved slots for users with higher-proirity(password). As I said, reserved slots do not add or remove slots from the server. Since the server is full, when higher-proirity person enters the password, another person would be kicked, although, I do not know how it picks the user.
Thanks for the info, Is there anyway that I can make it so when server is full, then the donate r joins (with the password given), The player that get kicked or disconnected must have a low score or so?
motoko

Post by motoko »

Master Jay wrote:
motoko wrote:
Thanks for the info, Is there anyway that I can make it so when server is full, then the donate r joins (with the password given), The player that get kicked or disconnected must have a low score or so?
I actually think that is how it works. The user with the lowest score gets booted, or perhaps with the lowest KDR?
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

Whats KDR?
motoko

Post by motoko »

Master Jay wrote:Whats KDR?
Kill Death Raito. It's the amount of kills you have to deaths, i.e. 20 Kills to 5 Deaths is a 4:1 Raito(4 kills to every 1 death).