BF42 server querys broken

yeknoM

Re: BF42 server querys broken

Post by yeknoM »

I have a couple more from last night.

As for those wondering why MG and the BFmods server seem to have no issue. The BFmods server sits on one of MG's boxes donated to help keep modding alive.

One of the MG admins sees the error in the log, then send me or Lin a message. If no answer to that message the ring us on the tele and we go in catch the IP and block it straight away. So its caught on the MG boxes and any servers on those boxes fairly fast. Never have it hitting for more than 45 minutes or so.

Is does create lag for not only the players but the server manager itself. This causes some issues when trying to send a command form in game and many times will kick you out of your remote.

MG has a discussion area for server owners/operators that covers things like this. Simply send a PM to Lin with your server name and who you are and she can add you to the list to get in that forum area.
Jeronimo

Re: BF42 server querys broken

Post by Jeronimo »

Yeah, I was asking fo0k how it comes that they aren't affected.
So there's no prevention system, only 'early recognition'... Bit hard to do for our small clan, though :? I'll have to keep looking out for ways to totally get rid of this. Maybe program something myself. :/