[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4875: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Battlefield 1942 Mods, Modding Tutorials. Forums and Mod Downloads. • View topic - Battlefield Vietnam server crash

Battlefield Vietnam server crash

Battlefield Vietnam server crash

Postby SucceededKiller » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:03 pm

SucceededKiller

Re: Battlefield Vietnam server crash

Postby freddy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:07 am

Hi, this sounds exactly like the old "server crash exploit" that was running rampant on bf42 servers a while ago. Im no expert in reading those logs,

edit: i saw now there was just client files for download, im sure i´ve seen something about patched serverfiles in a thread here

edit2: yeah dead download links, ill see if i can find those files somewhere
freddy

Postby SucceededKiller » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Hey,

Thank you. :)

I run 2 servers, a rented main one which, according to our host and previous experience, includes all the community made patches. (He's attacked before, we used their patched binaries and the attacks stopped. He made some comment about how we finally stopped him...) I also have root access to a dedicated one, which is where I grabbed this debug and tcpdump from. Unfortunately, I can't make head nor tails of the hex editing to patch it myself.

If you can find them so I can try those, I'd appreciate it. (Our host wont let me download the patched binaries they provide...but considering it affects that server too, and assuming they are accurate in their statement, this would be a new issue.)

But if not, I am currently talking to Tuia, so with any luck it will be able to be resolved even if you can't find the files. :)

Thanks for any help you can give though! It would be nice to be able to play this game again without the firewall whitelist to prevent him establishing connections....

Regards,
SucceededKiller
SucceededKiller

Postby freddy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:00 am

Hi, sorry for late answer, i did search all my disks for those files but with no luck. If you have contact with tuia i think you will be ok as soon he has some time over.

Good luck!
freddy

Postby amd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I added 2 of tuia's fixes to moddb as well, if anyone find it useful: http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield- ... ty-patched
amd

Return to Battlefield server and client