Eyefinity modded .exe for LAN Failed to Connect to Server.

BladeParker

Eyefinity modded .exe for LAN Failed to Connect to Server.

Post by BladeParker »

Hi. I am using a modded exe to run eyefinity. I am trying to set up a LAN game and it says, "Data differs from server". I can use the old .exe file and it works fine but then the graphics are stretched of course... I have tested with all security and firewall shut off. I have also copied the Battlefield folder on all 3 computers so there are no differences in file structure.

I am using the Battlefield Server Manager 2.0. I have tried turning content check to off and unpure, but that did not help. I thought that's what unpure was for, to allow hacks and mods. Is there any way to get this working with the eyefinity .exe with BFSM or perhaps a different server manager?

Hopefully I covered everything.. I don't think it's an operating system or firewall issue since I can connect with the original exe file. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

SOLVED...
I had to use a no-cd patch (BF1942 patch v1.61b cracked) and then everything was fine. Stupid, but it worked.
freddy

Re: Eyefinity modded .exe for LAN Failed to Connect to Serve

Post by freddy »

could you post some eyefinity screenshots, or maybe some vids how it look like ingame?
tuia

Re: Eyefinity modded .exe for LAN Failed to Connect to Serve

Post by tuia »

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/battlefield-1942
The package BF1942_16_10_9.7z contains a hacked BF1942.exe where all supported widescreen resolutions will be available in the game menu. No more messing around with Video.con and setting it read-only, to get a badly stretched horizontal widescreen resolution, like described here http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Battlefield_1942. The package BF1942_16_10_9.7z is missing BF1942.org file, the original untouched BF1942.exe file, so you can connect to BF1942 servers v1.61 online and don't get the DATA DIFFERS FROM SERVER error message.