BFSM alternative ?

freddy

Re: BFSM alternative ?

Post by freddy »

ugh i forgot hehe :oops:
Scoop M wrote: unless its possible or somebody knows how to limit rcon commands on a server.
About this rcon functionallity, there is a alias file for short commands that could possible be used to disarm the more powerful server commands, its called AliasedCommands.con and can be found in Mods/BF1942/Settings.

Either redirect to a "unharmful" command or perhaps it could work with a bogus command

example

Code: Select all

alias game.enableFreeCamera game.sayall
alias admin.enableMapVote game.sayall
alias admin.changemap boguscommand
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

cant get it to work. tried the following live on the ttb server.

tried inserting the below code into the AliasedCommands.con. also tried remming out some commands, and clearing AliasedCommands.con completely, except for the below code. and yes, i changed the con file, then loaded a new map, and then tested the commands, since the con file gets read at each map change right ? or does AliasedCommands.con only get read at server startup ? maybe a reboot is necessary ?

Code: Select all

alias game.listplayers game.killplayer 11

alias game.listmaps boguscommand
line 1 just resulted in a game.listplayers (listed all players)

line 2 just resulted in game.listmaps (listed all maps)
freddy

Post by freddy »

I havent done any extensiv testing with this so i have to get back to you if it needs start/stopping

The remote admin works like this (as far as i know) when you play in the server you bring down the console and type commands to login, if the password is for example 123 it would look like this

admin.enableRemoteAdmin 123 or if you look in that aliasedcommands.con in your game you see a bit down

alias remoteadmin admin.enableRemoteAdmin

witch means in console you can type remoteadmin 123 and get the same result

once you are logged in you can type commands in the console like admin.runnextlevel

and heres the trick i meant maybe could work, if you in the servers aliasedcommands.con make a alias for that command to redirect to something else like
alias admin.runnextlevel game.sayall

i dont know if it works but if it does the admin.runnextlevel should be translated to game.sayall in the server
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

i have spent a lot of time now trying to ”cheat” the alias system. I don’t think it can be done.

It seems that if the first block of words after alias is a legit command, then the system always ignores whatever comes afterwards

i have tried many combos, removing space, etc, and first legit command in the line after alias always gets accepted and executed

and i know the alias system i used, worked, since i tried adding many new aliases to existing commands, and those new aliases all got accepted by the console
freddy

Post by freddy »

It was a longshot i guess, to bad it doesnt work :/

I have no more ideas about it either, changing the admin commands work in the dedicated.exe somehow is nothing i can do either
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

How many of the logs that BFSM potentially can enable, can be run without BFSM ?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Scoop M wrote:How many of the logs that BFSM potentially can enable, can be run without BFSM ?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

56 ?

Let me explain a bit further : The only log I know to enable without BFSM, is the xml log. I'd like to know if any of the other logs, such as the ingame chat log possibly can be enabled.