BFSM alternative ?

Scoop M

BFSM alternative ?

Post by Scoop M »

Under Linux BF1942 server, BFSM always exits at 78 or more players.

I run a server where population often rises above 78, and therefore can't use BFSM.

The only way I know to "admin" a server without it, is by direct console commands.

I'd like to recruit external admins, and I'm looking for a way to limit them to kicks and bans only.

Possible at all without BFSM ?

How about rcon ?
freddy

Re: BFSM alternative ?

Post by freddy »

rcon is the remote console, i wouldnt use that for admins. better use the remote admin function instead
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

I'm running completely without keyhashes too.

Using remote admin or maybe other solutions, would it be possible to limit admins to kick and bans only ?
tuia

Post by tuia »

Scoop M wrote:Using remote admin or maybe other solutions, would it be possible to limit admins to kick and bans only ?
No.

Unfortunately, there is no real alternative to BFServerManager, as far as I know. It's a great piece of server management tool, although it has some few bugs. There is TGBF Kicker Pro, it's basically the same as RemoteConsole.exe but with a GUI.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Scoop M wrote:Using remote admin or maybe other solutions, would it be possible to limit admins to kick and bans only ?
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

hi freddy ... now that looks interesting :o ... what is it ? please say its an app that can connect to a 1942 linux server :P ... is it tgbf kicker ?

or is it remote admin ? i have no idea how rcon or remote admin works, can somebody in an ultra short way explain how it works, or maybe link to some info ?

under linux, the only ways i know to kick and ban are :

bfsm
console commands
remote admin
rcon ?

and of those, only bfsm can limit recruited / external admins to kicks / bans ... right ?
freddy

Post by freddy »

Hi, the program is HLSW http://www.hlsw.org/ im a bit stubborn about upgrading it so what you see in my picture is an old variant (i dont need the bells and whistles in the newer versions)

Anyway this program could be used for kicks and bans i guess, i have never tried it myself as i had no need of it, but i noticed there was just kick and ban listed so i thought maybe it could be worth a try for you.

Just add your server like this: 5.9.79.43:14567:23000 then right click and press properties and you get some stuff there you can try with, i used the rcon password thingy that seemed to work (i didnt try to kick anyone tho) or you might have to use the thingy at the bottom for battlefield 1942

Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

doh ... :(

knew nothing about rcon one day ago ... know a little now

HLSW is based on full rcon access; username, password and port, so it can easily be abused.

if you give a user those three, they can potentially connect to the server, both using HLSW (theres a console window in HLSW) and other clients / interfaces, and issue any admin commands, including pause server and many other unwanted things

so, any solution based on giving away rcon user, pass and port is not an option, since what i was looking for was a way to limit admins to kick and bans only.

- unless its possible or somebody knows how to limit rcon commands on a server.

but thx for the idea freddy, i was in admin recruitment heaven for a few moments ;)
freddy

Post by freddy »

aww i havent any console window but my hlsw is from 2006 :)

maybe easier to fix the keyhashes function in your server?
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

sorry, i dont get it. what does keyhashes got to do with this ? :)

keyhashes are currently disabled because enabling them all cause the server not to show up in the global server list when above 64 players
Last edited by Scoop M on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.