Few Problems With server Setup

Viral

Few Problems With server Setup

Post by Viral »

Hi all,

Spent the last few hours setting up my server and here is what I have done.

Installed the server files

>> bf1942_inxded-1.61-hacked-to-1.612
>> The DC and DCF server files
>> bfsm201-patched

bfsm starts fine on the server but when I try to connect with my BFRM I get a error about different protocol version. Not sure where to find that matching BFRM any body have a link for it?

The server starts ok but I cannot add it ingame VIA IP I am sure I just missed a simple setting just not sure what. This is what it looks like when it is running:

See anything wrong?

I have opened the following ports in IPtables:
TCP Ports: 28900 (GameSpy TCP List), 14667 (BlackBagOps remote server manager), 4711 (BF1942's remote console)
UDP ports: 14567, 14690 (All-Seeing Eye), 23000-23009, 27900 (Gamespy heartbeat)

I used the guide from here and modified it a little as I ran into a few small problems http://sasklan.com/forum/Tech-Support/1 ... a-bbo.html

This is running on Ubuntu Server 12.04 x32
Apache Thunder

Re: Few Problems With server Setup

Post by Apache Thunder »

It appears your server is running in "LAN" mode which means it may be using a different protocol. I don't know too much about networking stuff, but there's a good chance that bfsm was only meant to manage servers that are configured in internet mode.

Open your serversettings.con file and make sure the following line is on:

Code: Select all

game.serverInternet 1

Then restart the server and see if bfsm works then. Also, if you had intended people over the internet to connect to your server, it would be impossible for them too (even with the ports opened up) if you have the server in LAN mode. LAN mode limits the server to only computers that are connected to your local network. Aka the other computers in your house that are connected to the same router. Not very useful if you intended for internet play. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
s[sk]

Post by s[sk] »

Apache Thunder wrote:It appears your server is running in "LAN" mode which means it may be using a different protocol. I don't know too much about networking stuff, but there's a good chance that bfsm was only meant to manage servers that are configured in internet mode.
bfsm uses gamespy port (23000) which is enabled only for internet
Viral

Post by Viral »

I was wondering why it was saying setting up for local :P I was going through the server settings and saw the setting for this and changed it to one and now it is setup for internet. Will check bfsm after dinner. Thanks!
s[sk]

Post by s[sk] »

Viral wrote:I was wondering why it was saying setting up for local :P I was going through the server settings and saw the setting for this and changed it to one and now it is setup for internet. Will check bfsm after dinner. Thanks!
btw, you're running 1.61, not 1.612
Viral

Post by Viral »

I am not sure why it says that. I overwrit all the binaries with the 1.612. I just double checked and everything was transferred and overwritten not sure what I have missed. Do I need to change the start command or maybe a symlink?

I also have not enabled PB as my client is having a issue and it won't let me enable punkbuster. It says I need to install latest patch but the origin download was not supposed to have to be patched right?
s[sk]

Post by s[sk] »

Viral wrote:I am not sure why it says that. I overwrit all the binaries with the 1.612. I just double checked and everything was transferred and overwritten not sure what I have missed. Do I need to change the start command or maybe a symlink?
well, try again
stop the server, delete both static and dynamic binaries and upload them again (those from 1.612 archive)
I also have not enabled PB as my client is having a issue and it won't let me enable punkbuster. It says I need to install latest patch but the origin download was not supposed to have to be patched right?
origin version doesn't support punkbuster
Viral

Post by Viral »

Try again worked! Thanks for the help it seems like everything is working. Hopefully tomorrow I can start freshening up on the server side modding :) The server name is ==Noob Wars== if any of you are interested in DCF (Origin).

So far it does not want to showup in the server list. i can join and play fine though.