Any news for a server on linux ?

freddy

Post by freddy »

Im not sure what they did to the cd-key system but it seems its still in use
https://help.ea.com/article/i-downloade ... t-can-i-do

I guess they tied the key to the origin program, so no origin no playing.
Grabbi

Re: Any news for a server on linux ?

Post by Grabbi »

nice Freddy ! :D

now we getting somewhere...would interest me if ranking XML files on 1.612 servers NOW show up a key for each 1.612 player.......

great research!

Open the ‘Start’ menu in your task bar and type ‘regedit’ in the search field (or hit the ‘Windows’ button + ‘r’ if you do not have Windows vista/7)
Navigate to the following location(s). The locations vary depending on your OS version:

(FOR 64bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Origin\Battlefield 1942\ergc // that doesn t exist in default DL!
(FOR 32bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Origin\Battlefield 1942\ergc

In this folder you´ll find a file named ‘Default’. The File Type should be ‘REG_SZ’. Right click this file and select ‘Modify’ from the drop down menu
Delete every number or letter you might find in the field you can see now and insert your Battlefield 1942 Productcode without spaces.
To find your Battlefield 1942 Productcode please open your ‘My Games’ Section in Origin, mouse over Battlefield 1942 and select the ‘i’ button for the game information section. In the window you can see now you´ll find your Productcode. You can copy and paste the code just like it is, without spaces.

Once you have completed the steps above, start Battlefield 1942 and attempt to join a Multiplayer Game as usual.

means:
create a .reg file from THIS ( for x64 Systems), enter serial WITHOUT spaces, and double click on it to add it to registry :

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Origin\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\ergc]
@="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
xxxxx=
To find your Battlefield 1942 Productcode please open your ‘My Games’ Section in Origin, mouse over Battlefield 1942 and select the ‘i’ button for the game information section. In the window you can see now you´ll find your Productcode. You can copy and paste the code just like it is, without spaces.

They simply missed it .... bad release !
[url=bf1942://85.214.226.169:14567]Image[/url]
Vlay

Post by Vlay »

My dedicated OS is LINUX and not windows... :(
tuia

Post by tuia »

Heh Grabbi, what a confusion. :) You are wrong about how to make a cracked server. Connection to master.gamespy.com port 29910 is what validates cd-keys, that's what you need to search to hex-edit.
XML files on 1.612 servers show the players' keyhashes, as freddy pointed out in another topic.
Vlay, for a linux BF1942 server setup tutorial: http://sysops.ie/blog/installing-bf1942 ... -on-linux/
Vlay

Post by Vlay »

tuia wrote:Heh Grabbi, what a confusion. :) You are wrong about how to make a cracked server. Connection to master.gamespy.com port 29910 is what validates cd-keys, that's what you need to search to hex-edit.
XML files on 1.612 servers show the players' keyhashes, as freddy pointed out in another topic.
Vlay, for a linux BF1942 server setup tutorial: http://sysops.ie/blog/installing-bf1942 ... -on-linux/
Thank you, I'm gonna take a look on it and I hope it will work. ;)