Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Apache Thunder »

v4:

BFH42_Setup_v4.exe

The download links to this mod can be found on the very first post of this thread. I update them whenever a new version is released. Currently v5 is still being worked on and is not available as a public release.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Apache Thunder wrote:v4:

BFH42_Setup_v4.exe

The download links to this mod can be found on the very first post of this thread. I update them whenever a new version is released. Currently v5 is still being worked on and is not available as a public release.
It's be a part of my favourite install mods on bf1942.:)
Makes more fun than the bf heroes original.
Where the pay stuff up level people, sucks you up.
It means about the fair balancing. And it haven't the bf heroes 42 features.:)
The cool pirate ship or the moon tanks. Or the different weather snow, night, rain, sunny! I love it!
Thank you so much apache!!!
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

It's taking quite some time to get v5 ready. Currently waiting on AI improvements to be finished by CajunWolf.

So for non AI related testing, everyone can try this last build I had uploaded. I haven't done much if anything to the mod since this upload, so this is the latest build available:

bfheroes42_v5g.rar

Updated Animations.rfa: (fixes bugged ragdoll animations for headshots)
bfheroes42_v5g_anifix.rar

Note of coarse this isn't the final build, so be ready to replace it in the future. ;)
ImageImageImage
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Apache Thunder wrote:It's taking quite some time to get v5 ready. Currently waiting on AI improvements to be finished by CajunWolf.

So for non AI related testing, everyone can try this last build I had uploaded. I haven't done much if anything to the mod since this upload, so this is the latest build available:

bfheroes42_v5g.rar

Note of coarse this isn't the final build, so be ready to replace it in the future. ;)
Jippie you are my Men! :-)
Please Never give up the modding.:)
Morning is a happy download day for me!
Bf heroes v5 is out.:)
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I noticed that I somehow broke the ragdoll animations for soldiers dying from a head shot. (lower body animation didn't play resulting in very awkward animation)

I had already fixed this awhile back, but this isn't in the build I uploaded above. I will upload the fix shortly. ;)

EDIT:

Replace the animations.rfa with the updated one provided in that file. The death animations should be working again. Also changed is the render speed of some of the ragdoll animations. ;)
ImageImageImage
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Apache Thunder wrote:I noticed that I somehow broke the ragdoll animations for soldiers dying from a head shot. (lower body animation didn't play resulting in very awkward animation)

I had already fixed this awhile back, but this isn't in the build I uploaded above. I will upload the fix shortly. ;)

EDIT:

Replace the animations.rfa with the updated one provided in that file. The death animations should be working again. Also changed is the render speed of some of the ragdoll animations. ;)
Thx that's not also complicated to replace the animation.rfa data. Thank I will download today and after than play.:)

I love you for your work!
Because i hate mainstream.
I like people with ideas which create it as a thing.
Please never give up!
You are a part of the free souls which have the power to public virtual phantasie dreams!

I have test the new Map "The Grid" they crashed after i put the Desktop from the base?
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Thats good that you make the maps:

Omaha Beach Outkirts
El Alamein Day and Night

Thats very funny.:-)
Did you make a release News?
Thats good for present in the communities.
You have the inside know how.
I have Play this new update on Lokal Internet.
Runs fine only the "Race Grid" crashed, if i got the "Micro Machine Tank" from the weapon table inside the house?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

v5.1 is coming some time early 2014. Most likely in January. At this point I'll forgo any updates to the AI and make 5.1 the final build of the mod. I already found a couple potential bugs like the rc minitank widget. If it's spawned while aimed at the ground or while prone, it could cause a CTD. I noticed this while working on a map for a different mod. I will have this fixed in v5.1. ;)

I've also brought in a couple hand weapons from GoldenEye 007. The Moonraker laser gun and the proximity/remote mines. Complete with sound and effects! You'll be able to find them in Captain Shop with the rest of the new kits.

I've also revamped the Troop Traps to my new APMine system so that they can be projectiles instead of PCOs. This means that the explosion effects for them will work in multiplayer and thus make it behave like the vehicle landmines and the APLandmine from DC back before the 1.45/1.5 patch that disabled landmines going off on soldiers. They aren't team specific any more though, so be sure not to have your team mates trip your mines. ;)

I've also enabled sticky on them so you can stick them to vehicles or walls if you want. :D

EDIT: I was able to get a decent rip of the meshes from a similar F2P game called "Avatar Star" and got one working in BF1942:

Avatar Star is a infantry only map so the maps are small. But it would add some variety to the mod and the art style fits right in for the most part. I plan on maybe doing one or two more maps judging how easily I got this one working. :D
ImageImageImage
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thank you some much for making this mod. I wanted to thank you for what you have made. From what you've made of BFH, I'm amazed! : :D
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You're very much welcome! :D

Released 5.1. Will likely be my last release given that I haven't really gotten the motivation to do any major modding work anymore.

bfheroes42_v5_1.rar

Change log:
1. Updated Troop Traps. They are now projectiles. They will go off on team mates so take that in mind.

2. Updated some coding to improve network stability.

3. Added GoldenEye 007 kit. (Moonraker Laser + Proximity/Remote Mines)

4. Tweaked MiniTank widget spawn position to prevent possible crashes when aiming at ground/sky.

5. Added ability to set higher then 64 players in Create Game Menu. (Modified EXE needed to make this work. Not included with this mod)

6. Added New Map: Belfry Square. Ported from Avatar Star.

7. Added New Map: Shipwreck Island. Ported from Avatar Star.

8. Added New Map: Cape of Aegean. Ported from Avatar Star.

9. Added New map: City of Aegean. Ported from Avatar Star.
Of notable mention are the 4 new maps in this release. All of which were ported from Avatar Star. Unlike the other maps, these levels are entirely infantry only and are made up entirely of mesh and do not use the terrain system. So the only down side is lack of dynamic shadows on the ground. But otherwise, they seem to perform pretty well in BF1942 as I have optimized them by separating them into pieces. The original map was imported as one big mesh in 3DS Max, so unlike the ports of BFH content, whatever object structure Avatar Star may have had couldn't be preserved, so I had to create my own. Avatar Star unlike BFH uses an entirely different game engine and the game content is locked in a proprietary encrypted file format (PDE files). Thus I had to use DX3DRipper to rip the mesh from video ram.

Initially I didn't expect this to work very well as normally most games don't render very much off screen. Anything beyond the camera view isn't actively being rendered and can't be saved to file with this program. However, being the cheap knock off game that this is, I was suprised to see how lazy the coders were. The game engine is so inefficient that the ENTIRE level geometry including other player avatars was always being rendered AND there was no LOD system. Thus the game doesn't use any lower detail meshes for objects at distance. Everything is rendered at their maximum polygon count regardless of how far away they are or how far off from the camera view that they are on. No wonder this game had trouble running well on lower end machines.

Perhaps this is the norm for small close quarters combat games, but from the other games I worked with with, this came as a surprise. :P

So in the end their lazy programmers made it easier for me to rip their content out. So much for their oh so special PDE file format. Means nothing if entire level scenes can be ripped out as one mesh for easy conversion. :P

I created a couple new effects for these levels. Flying birds can be spotted on the outskirts of the levels. This was achieved via animated sprites, and honestly don't why I didn't think of doing this before. Even BF2 had something like this. :P
ImageImageImage