Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Apache Thunder »

v1.9 is finally ready!

Changes in v1.9:

1. Updated ContentCRC32
2. Updated version string shown in main menu.
3. Fixed Ai for grenades/grenade spam/Kegs. Bots should now use these weapons more.
4. Fixed coding on ejected shell for sniper rifles. 3p shell casing remains on the map infinitly. It is supposed to disappear after 10 seconds like the rest of the shell effects.
5. Added RemoveAtRestart code to all scrap pieces. They will no longer remain on the map after a round ends/restarts.
6. Tweaked AA projectile so it will detonate near aircraft more often.
7. Lowered sound radius of Troop Trap beeps. Should be less annoying when multiple TT are in one area. :P
8. Added night conversion of Victory Village. Also has new weather FX. (rain with lightning).
9. Added scrolling clouds effect for night conversion of Victory Village.
10. New stormy ambient sound for Victory Village Nights.
11. Added Alpine Assault map to the mod. :D
12. 12 new objects ported for use in the new Alpine Assault map.
13. Added autumn texture alternate path for Riverside Rush. Some buildings use the autumn textures for this map now.
14. Added new woodland textures as woodland alternate path for a couple buildings used in Alpine Assault.
15. Increased damage a tad on all handweapons vs soldiers.

Client Installer:

BFHeroes42_v1_9.exe

Server files:

bfheroes42_ServerFiles_v1_9.rar

The most notable additions are two new maps. Victory Village Nights and Alpine Assault!
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

Good Job.
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

COOP Server is running, from [BAM]!
You will find it via GAMESPY regular search Mask, select BF Heroes 1.9!
Thats the second Server with the CONQUEST Server together.Wink
Hope to see you?
hgklan.plusboard.de
JesusFreak

Help with installing

Post by JesusFreak »

Ok i downloaded v1.9 but when i try to run it theres an error message and it tells me i have to create a new installer, does anyone know how to fix this ?
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

This is the case when you run the file from inside another folder (probably out of your browsers download manager?), so the current working directory is wrong and it behaves weird. Try opening it directly from explorer instead. That should work.
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

I wait for more Vehicle,Maps and weapons.:-)
Vanilla maps possible to create in the BF Heroes 42 style, ithink that was a good idea,to bring Heroes more near to 42?
I hope for can use the buildings like in the other BF Mods,then in moment all closed.:(
hgklan.plusboard.de
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

Post by =ArA=DeathFromAbove »

Appache, nice work on understanding the game engine. A couple of questions, did you get the meshes, textures etc. from the client side of BFH?

Also, I have had trouble with the meme files for the load screens in my mod. Any chance you could explain some of the important parts such as location of images ie. loading bar, buttons, menu images, movie and how these are identified in that wacky code. It seems no body has ever put a tut together on this.

I have successfully placed a new movie and background using the DICE configuration in BFV, but this is simply using what is already there and changing the images using photoshop and calling the new image the old file name in the menu.rfa and binking a new movie.

V1.9 rain looks great too. Nice job. Lots of time spent here.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've been wanting to make a tutorial on the meme files for awhile. The only issue is time I need to set aside for this. The meme files are indeed a whole other language compared to the con files. (note hierarchy is a important aspect of meme files) The main thing is there is a few important nodes that you will use quite often. Transform nodes are the elements that hold other elements together. They are mostly the only things you can change both the position and size onscreen since everything else is mostly tied to some form of transform node. (transform nodes can be part of other transform nodes as well).

Text nodes inherit their size from their parent transform node (I think, I haven't looked at one since a couple versions of this mod ago and that's been a couple of months) but may have special settings that defines that. Note that font size is not effected by the above. Only the amount of characters allowed in the node is defined by the nodes/text nodes size settings. Text nodes have further sub object nodes that define font type and screen alignment among other things. That's just one of the complicated things of the meme file. ;)

There is also split nodes and a few other node types. Then there is sub objects like effect nodes, picture nodes and other things. One of these days I intend to make a video showing them all. Just know my tutorial videos won't always be easy to understand. :P

Don't expect me to fully explain how the main menu is built. It's a mess to be honest. :P (note one example, clicking the Singleplayer button for example brings up a whole new layer that has copies of the other buttons move up a bit. So if you moved a button in the main menu, you would have to make that change to most the other meme files that has that button as well since they all duplicate the other buttons when they transition to their layer. I noticed this early on when I tried to remove the Intro button from the menu, but it would reappear when I clicked on the singleplayer button or multiplayer button for example. So I decided to instead modify the Play Intro button to display a message instead of playing the intro. (my mod does not have one right now, thus it seems inappropriate for it to play the vanilla intro. :P )

Also, I only really know maybe 40% of the meme file coding. I only know one other guy that might know a lot more and that's Sting, but he's been MIA for quite some time now especially since after the domain for SuperDC expired. (Sting is the architect of the BF242 menu system. ;) )
ImageImageImage
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

Post by =ArA=DeathFromAbove »

Thanks Appache.

Yes this meme file code is weird when it comes to nodes etc. Thanks for this info, i also didnt realize bout the heirachy and found buttons coming back after i deleted them.

I look forward to your tut when you get round to it.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Been a while since my last update to this mod, but I haven't stopped working on it.

Working on porting the winter maps now. I finally get to use my snow FX that was laying dormant in the coding files. :D

Video of Coastal Clash Winter:

I've added a bit of randomness to the snow fall direction to make it more realistic. It looks nice thus far and beats the hell out of BF2's attempt at snow FX. It looks like crap in BF2. (due to emiters choking and not emitting the snow consistently)

I've added clouds and extra christmas lights that EA was too lazy to add. :D
ImageImageImage