Old Skool Rave tunes..

Anything else, including fun stuff.. and a 'little' spam
fo0k

Old Skool Rave tunes..

Post by fo0k »

So I used to listen to this when I was 16.. back in '90..

Best days of my life heheh:)

I had built up a collection of all the old rave tapes that used to go around and decided it was time to stick them on a website in a little media player. http://www.20bensons.com

It's coming back though this stuff.. can hear influence in more recent music these days.

Most of it is pure raving cheesy tunes.. but not all.. if you are not familiar with LTJ Bukem give mix 201 a listen. I find myself modding to this stuff for hours :)
Jeronimo

Re: Old Skool Rave tunes..

Post by Jeronimo »

Thx for the link. And yes, LTJ Bukem is a name, known from listening to bigbeatradio.com. Listened to 201 and it's real nice, though I normally prefer BigBeat/NuSkool over D'n'B, as what I would categorize LTJ Bukem.

I checked your playlist and didn't find Marusha in there - I had an old tape from my father that he recorded in the 90's when he was a hobby DJ. I used to freak out when I heard that song ever since (I could even play the pattern on my drums :D). Years later I finally found out it's called "It takes me away" and that it's by Marusha. Maybe a good advice for the completion of your list ^^

Anyway, here's an example of what I'm going nuts with nowadays. It's got some D'n'B within, maybe you like it, too:

fo0k

Re: Old Skool Rave tunes..

Post by fo0k »

Only just saw this reply..

yeah Marusha is certainly of the era ..although the beat is a little too much bangin' techno for my old skool d&b / rave selection i think! heheh

Original Painkiller was a sweet track. This is a 'noisia' remix literally but I like it..
The mp3 player i used is a pretty good free one. I have customised it but essentially you just dump all your mp3s in a directory on the webserver and then with the magic of php the player will search that folder each time you load the site and retrieve all the id3 tags for the tracks. this is much easier than the old days of updating xml files with the track listings.