Pressurized Lightbulb = VERY LOUD BANG!

Anything else, including fun stuff.. and a 'little' spam
Apache Thunder

Pressurized Lightbulb = VERY LOUD BANG!

Post by Apache Thunder »

Holy f**k it was loud. I had taken a burnt out (incandescent) lightbulb and bore out the bottom and remove the filiment and glass the held it in place. So I ended up with a empty bulb shell with a hole in the bottom. I then took a bike tube valve cut off a old tube I threw away and put it into the bulb and hotglued it in place.

The result was a sealed bulb that I could pump air into. I took my bike pump and pumped air into it until it the pump couldn't put any more in. I think the result was a bulb with 100PSI or more packed into it. I had a pressure meter which was off it's chart so it was definitely over the 65PSI the meter maxes at.

So I depressurized it and kept it in storage for awhile. Then today I decided what I would do with it. I needed the valve to put air into my air mattress so I decided that since I would likely have to destroy the bulb to get the valve off of it, I would experiment on how violent the "explosion" would be if I broke the bulb while it was ultra pressurized. So I repressurized it and took it out back. I searched for a hard surface to throw it against. First it was a fiberglass car hood. I tossed it at the hood and it bounced off and nothing happened. LOL

So then I saw a metal rod near some junk close to where the hood was so I tossed it at that.........

Needless to say I wish I had earplugs in and stood maybe a few more feet away from where I threw it. This dam thing made the loudest bang I have ever herd. It left ringing in my ears it was so loud. The funny thing is, no shards of glass hit me. I'm guessing the bulb completely vaporized. (lucky me :P )

So....

If you are looking to really prank someone on April Fools day or want something quick and cheap for fourth of July...rig a bike valve to a light bulb and put air into it. Then you got your self a really loud ass sound bomb. :D

Better yet, put a bit of water or other liquid in there. Now you got your self a nice water bomb that would also make very loud bang as well as spray whatever you put in there in all directions. :D

Just don't do this indoors.....
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

haha you crazy son of a :D

thanks for the tip, already have a bunch of ideas how to use this :twisted:
Swaffy

Re: Pressurized Lightbulb = VERY LOUD BANG!

Post by Swaffy »

Great ... now I have to try this. I just need a tire valve.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I saw something related to this on mythbusters the other night. They lowered an old dive suit & fake body into the water, un-equalised the pressure & let the water do its damage. The fake body got sucked up into the diving helmet which then reptured... it was grotesque & tasty. Implosion with a krunchy noise!
Pray hard, die fast
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Holy crap ... that's insane. One reason I wouldn't want to go diving.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Bongholio

Post by Bongholio »

Stronger than Kevlar(must have been an old bulb made in USA not china)!

Had a racing bicycle once with kevlar tires they only took 90 PSI rock damn hard.

Hello punka** haters Apache told me he got this place for 3 cases of soda.
So here I am.
You can't fix stupid,...but you can give it a plastic bag to play with
motoko

Post by motoko »

Holy crap, you're still around?