Shooting (real firearms)

Anything else, including fun stuff.. and a 'little' spam
Swaffy

Shooting (real firearms)

Post by Swaffy »

Does anyone here shoot firearms? I'm a new, and proud, owner of a Mosin Nagant M44 (7.62x54r) and a Ruger American Rimfire (.22 LR). My mosin is fresh out of the factory, never fired (before me, heheh), cleaned out, blued, refinished, all that nice stuff. It shoots real nice but I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean out junk left after shooting rounds with a corrosive primer.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
BotHunter

Re: Shooting (real firearms)

Post by BotHunter »

My and my buddy do a lot!! (BadBug) I only have one gun though. A replica 1865 springfield muzzleloader :D
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Nice. My friend owns a Mosin nagant that was used in the Battle of Stalingrad. It sweats cosmoline every time it's fired! :lol:
I would love to share what I have, but something in my noodle says that is a bad idea. might be some snoopers about...

..................________................
....._________[..........\========#..
.../__________________\..............
.....(--)_(--)_(--)_(--)_(--)..............

so why not, there's a SU-100. :)
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

1865? Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun to go shoot! I've only watched videos about muzle loaders and it seems like half the fun is loading it. Is that true?

Vile, do you really have an SU-100?
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Nice, I've never shot a mossin nagnt before. My Dad and I shoot shells with corrosive primers in our Enfield no.4 mk2's. To clean them out , we use "Gunslick Foaming bore Cleaner".
I love ww2 guns though. Its one of my dreams to collect one or more of every gun used in ww2 (I know its a long shot).
Well my Dad and I have what you might call EGCD (excessive gun collection disorder). We have around 30-35 guns. 8-) We go hunting alot, and just plink out our front door when we get the "urge", sometimes I shoot out my bedroom window. :lol: Last time bot hunter came over we went salamander hunting with my 12ga. :twisted:
Oh ya muskets are super fun :lol: We civil war re-enact together. Check out this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... lpmE4wsuAA Im the guy at 2:42 who does a flip! LOL.
Yes my master

Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I'm the same way, man! My goal is a Lee Enfield No4, I just love the bolts on those! They are really smooth, I have yet to see a bolt that compares. If I ever get the money, maybe I'll find a BAR M1918 (Gawk those are heavy!) that is in good condition.

Your EGCD comment reminded me of this, I was looking up reviews about the Ruger American Rimfire and saw this guy's post:
"Why [buy it]? Simple, the wife only has 2 feet but need dozens of pairs of shoes. I need another .22, fair trade."
Couldn't have said it better.

I wish I can live out in the country to do stuff like shooting out of my window, but I'm stuck in the suburbs for now. There are some good ranges, but ranges are too regulated! Too many crappy laws they have to follow. I can probably be sneaky with a suppressed .22 rifle in my back yard, but that's a risk. Thankfully, Texas allows (with license) full-auto firearms and even suppressors, now that would be fun.
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Yeah, my favorite ww2 gun is a mp-40. Right now, our ww2 guns consist of: 2 Enfield no.2 mk4's, a 1903 A3 Springfield, and my favorite, a Mauser K98 Portuguese variant (not sure on the year). The k98 is so sweet, smooth and accurate. Its by far the best ww2 bolt-action rife I've shot. (BTW my dad owns all of these exept my one Enfield, I hope to buy the k98 from him too.) We just missed a Walther 9mm German pistol on an online auction the other day :cry: I wanted it so bad.

Yeah, you probably don't want to try and shoot anything other that a bb gun if you're in the city limits, it could get ugly :|. Hey if you move to Alaska, every federal gun law is nullified!!!! So no more ATF :P. That means full auto, suppressors, and anything else that is cool no licence required! lol
Yes my master

Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Swaffy wrote:Vile, do you really have an SU-100?
Hell no! :lol:
I just felt useless, and typed it.

P.S. I'd love one! :P (Dear Santa....)
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Bad Bug wrote:The k98 is so sweet, smooth and accurate. Its by far the best ww2 bolt-action rife I've shot.
One thing, we own a K98 made near the end of WW2. The plant it was produced in was captured by the Russians. The Russians made the factory use Russian stamps and made the receiver slightly shorter (so the Germans could not salvage it) and started producing them.

took a while to get the cosmoline out. :|
Bad Bug wrote:Well my Dad and I have what you might call EGCD (excessive gun collection disorder).
same here. we have LOTS of rifles and pistols! (may need a few shotguns... :lol: )

Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I would be happy to go to Alaska for the gun laws but it's just too cold there; Kennesaw Georgia seems like a mighty fine place though!

[Edit] http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-2 ... sacre.html