Click from my mouse - I hate it!

Anything else, including fun stuff.. and a 'little' spam
Swaffy

Click from my mouse - I hate it!

Post by Swaffy »

My mouse, like many others, makes a loud and annoying *click* sound every time I ... click it.

Anyone have an idea [other than Google] how I can remove that annoying clicky sound?

.'/

[The physical sound, not the virtual click that a computer has on it.]
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
fo0k

Re: Click from my mouse - I hate it!

Post by fo0k »

Google "how to make mouse clicks quiet" The first result looked promising. :)

Seriously... how could this forum compare to Google for a question like this?
There were a zillion hits for this issue.

I fear that you are going to loose the click-action by trying to remove the click-noise though.

I think a better idea would be to shop around for a quiet mouse. google threw up plenty for 'quiet mouse' too :)

The tutorial:http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=506750
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Turn that up loud while working - your mouse will be off the desk in no time! :mrgreen:
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Instead of screwing up my $10 Logitech mouse [which is actually very nice other than the sounds it makes], I should get that "Quiet Mouse" thing [Nexus Silent Mouse].

It seems pretty awesome, but I don't like a wireless mouse. I want a wired one.

Nexus Silent Mouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_Q5ycbkJc

A more accurate sound test video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNwJfBVf ... re=related
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

this is actually fairly easy to fix. if your any good at electronics, all you need is a couple small plunger style switches, probably 3 prong, about 3/8" to 1/4" wide ( pretty much same thing as your tv remote ) ( you could probably find 1 in sumthing like an old digital handheld game or timer )... remove the 2 existing ones from the pcb & solder the plunger style in. booya.... no snd at all!! you could also go old skool & simply solder a small strip of flexible copper to one lead & have it touch the 2nd lead when u press the button real real old skool ( which will eventually fail ).

your looking for sumthing like this... only in standalone switch format. probably a little black box with a rubber circle on top. check radio shack or the source.

believe it or not... this quickly becomes annoying due to the fact that you can't really tell if u pressed the mouse button or not. Ive used silent keyboards.... & they are hard to use. Try using 1 of those rubber roll up keyboards.... you can't tell if you actually pressed the button or not. With an audible click or noise, you know you pressed a button even if your computer does respond.
Pray hard, die fast
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

My keyboard is fine. But thanks for the effort anyway. It sounds like a cool idea.
I took apart an old keyboard in art class (when I was in high school) and found those rubber button things inside of it. It was fun to play with.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

It's not just the sound that makes it easy for you to know when the button is pressed. It's the physical action that produced the noise that gives you most of the tactile feedback from the device that tells you that the button was pressed. Hit a key or the mouse button and pay attention when the click is made. You should be able to feel the click as the button goes down. So the sound alone isn't really why certain silent keyboards and mice annoy some people. ;)

See if there is a silent mouse/keyboard that still has some form of physical click that isn't as noisy as your current one.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I already ordered the Nexus Silent Mouse. I'll hjust have to deal with the batteries. But they [Nexus, in an E-mail] told me that the battery life of their mouse is a few months. That's good, at least. I('ll be using Duracells, so that'll make it even better.