[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4875: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Battlefield 1942 Mods, Modding Tutorials. Forums and Mod Downloads. • View topic - BF1942 Debugger Multifunctionality Tutorial

BF1942 Debugger Multifunctionality Tutorial

Lots of cool and useful tips to mod either serverside or clientside

BF1942 Debugger Multifunctionality Tutorial

Postby Senshi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:57 pm

My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Re: BF1942 Debugger Multifunctionality Tutorial

Postby Poow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 am

You’re entering a world of pain!
Poow

Postby Apache Thunder » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:45 am

Those are just a few of the harmless screwups from the DC coders (that if DC is the mod your doing this in). Just ignore that error (click retry to ignore further instances of that type of error). Obviously issues with sound files won't effect light map generation. :P

By the way, only the debugger complains about some errors while the retail exe will ignore them.

Also, I've never gotten the terrain merger to work properly. It would always result in smurfed terrain. I also could not merge the terrain without first converting the terrain textures to TGA and dropping them in with the lgt TGA files. Otherwise it would refuse to merge them. (it would just exit without saying a peep). When I mean "smurfed terrain", I mean the resulted files would be useless because they are either all red, purple, or some other horrid random color hue to them. I have always had to merge them manually. :( (as in use a separate program to do the merging of the textures one at a time. :( )
Last edited by Apache Thunder on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Apache Thunder

Postby Poow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:48 am

It is for DC ;)
Thanks!
Poow

Postby Poow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 am

This error appears for every custom object:
At least for every object I made, not the normal custom DC objects from other maps. I stopped the process some seconds later..
http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntnsa8.jpg
Poow

Postby Senshi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:36 am

Hm, merging lightmaps worked fine for me. Of course I always had to convert to tga first, but then running the merger always gave nice and smooth merged files, no "smurfing" whatsoever...no idea what's causing this. Did you use the retail exe or the debugger for this? (I use debugger for everything ;) ).

Oh, and would you head over to viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16 and give my question a look? :)
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby Poow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Poow

Postby Senshi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Actually my whole topic was directed at Apache ;) .

Which progress exactly doesn't work? Generating object lightmaps? Terrain lightmaps? Or the merging of terrain lightmaps? You are pretty vague about this ;) .

If object lightmap generation doesn't work, the reason is simple: You need the .samples files for them so BF can do something with them.

And 3dsmax doesn't generate shadow meshes for your custom objects. You need to do that on your own (simply take a LOD03 or LOD04 of your object, copy it and rename it to shadow_OBJECTNAME), then export again with "Use Object names for export", voila, shadow mesh included.
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Postby Poow » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Yea, I get an error while creating the object shadows.
When I import a normal bf1942 model to 3dsmax, there is no shadow mesh....
That's kinda strange.

I copied LOD03_maze_m1-1 to : shadow_maze_m1
Exported it.
When I import the model, there is the shadow_maze_m1 . Why isn't there a shadow mesh for all the other vanilla objects when I import the files?
Poow

Postby Senshi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Because statics don't need it, they require the .samples files I spoke of, these have to be in your Battlefield 1942\Standardmesh folder. But I have no idea how to create samples (IIRC there was a tool for that somewhere), never did this myself.
My important tutorials:

Tools and stuff:

Senshi

Next

Return to General Modding Tutorials