How to make high quality BF42 vids for Youtube

Lots of cool and useful tips to mod either serverside or clientside
fo0k

How to make high quality BF42 vids for Youtube

Post by fo0k »

Want to make awesome BF42 vids for youtube..?

follow this guide..

*Remember to open the console and type hud 0 to remove the minimap and menus etc for a clean vid ;)
The best way to get good results for BF videos in youtube is to give it a high quality divx video at 720p resolution (1280x720) and at 25 FPS.

Easiest way to achieve this is to record all footage in BF42 at 1280 x 960 (theres no widescreen support so this is closest)
Set fraps to record at 25 FPS

grab all your clips...

now get a copy of virtualdub - its free.. [link=http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/]http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/[/link]
*Best to get the 32bit version even if you are on 64bit OS.. the 64 bit is kinda buggy and does not recognise codecs properly!

run Virtualbub (VD) and then drag in your first clip

Now goto video/filters and add new filter
Choose the resize filter.
All you need to do on this screen is check the letterbox/crop to size box and change the values to 1280 x 720 then OK it twice.
now file/save as..

this gives you a (very very big uncompressed) true 720p video size for the clip.

do this for all your clips... you can just drag new fraps clips into VD.

Now you have a collection of 720p clips to work with.

the software I use to cut the video together is sony vegas 9.0 but its possible (although not ideal) to make a vid in windows moviemaker.. best to get a copy of vegas.

i wont go into detail about using vegas here.. but its pretty simple to use for a 'simple' video.

then when you save ('render' is the term used in the app) you need to save as 720p HD. there is a setting for this in vegas.
Set the quality to as high as it will go :) and you are done!
(if you use windows moviemaker it will give you a high quality wmv but this is not ideal for youtube)

obviously there is some work involved in vegas to make it all flow nice etc but that is the basics of how to make a nice HD video for youtube (anything really..)

note: cropping to 720p will chop the top and bottom off your vid so consider this when filming

you can even place paper on your screen to mask off the top and bottom so you know what you will get in the final result
Senshi

Re: How to make high quality BF42 vids for Youtube

Post by Senshi »

The very easy method: If you have windows Movie Maker, you are fine as long as you only want to showcase some small stuff. If you want an elaborate and "awesome" video, you of course need bigger software. I used WMM for all my proof of concepts as it's just damn easy and quick. Just pick the desired resolution in the tabs (720p for youtube HD), click "Save as .avi" and you are good to go. You even can upload directly from WMM to Youtube in the new version.