GCN Mario Kart for BF1942!

Game Cube Conversion for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Re: GCN Mario Kart for BF1942!

Post by Apache Thunder »

I no longer have the 10.1 installer and will have to rebuild it. Since I did make changes to the mod since then I will most likely just wait till I finish some minor tweaks before I re-upload it as v10.2.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
DACV

Post by DACV »

cant wait
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Not much modding time now that I work. (full time job at Wal-Mart)

But I can still do small modding while I'm on my off days. Letting ya'll know that I am working on porting Link from Zelda: Twilight Princess so that he will be playable as a soldier on the Hidden Village level. ;)

I might be able to scale the skeleton to fit the mario mesh as I believe scaling is the only thing the animations can't override as the engine doesn't support animations effecting the scale of a bone/skeleton. So I should be able to finally port Mario and Luigi as playable characters in the mario kart levels. ;)

(Link is already a good fit for the skeleton, thus I do not have to scale anything that much other then scaling down link to fit the scale of BF1942)

I have managed to convert the sound effects for the koopa shell so it will make the familier green shell noise when it is on the map. Same goes for the banana peel. Though for the moment it is using low quality sounds I ripped from a video as I was unable to find a clean source for the banana throw sound from any of the mario kart games. Starting with Mario Kart Double Dash, the sound effect for throwing bananas, bombs, fake item boxes, is pretty much the same through out all the newer games.)

UPDATE:

Figured out how to import Mario Kart Wii tracks into 3DS Max! :D

I will port over Dry Dry Ruins as a test. So far it looks like it comes in just as well as the old Mario Kart DD tracks. :D

3DS Max Render (no lighting applied):

(click to view)

Has less UV map issues then the GCN tracks. But that's just this one track. I won't know for sure till I try others. Don't expect Rainbow Road anytime soon, that one is a clusterf**k of shader effects and most likely won't ever look right in BF1942....

EDIT:

Here's a ingame WIP video of the track. It's mostly complete. It may need a few objects added in like some columns that the original game places in as separate objects. It may take me a few off days to figure out the best way of getting their positions right and accurate to the real game version. (it's unlikely that I will be able to port the object positions directly from the game)

ImageImageImage
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Next thing you need is a custom HUD.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Here's V10, full

http://www.moongamers.net/Members/fileh ... rt_v10.exe

Great work as usual Apache, and great thanks to MoonGamers for hosting the mod installer.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

v11 Finally up. Work on this mod has slowed down a lot recently, so I went ahead and released it as is since I know a few folks have been waiting for this one. So that means you won't see the Mario soldier mesh or Link soldier mesh either. :P

Change log:

1. Added sound effects for Koopa Shells and Bananas.
2. Added Dry Dry Ruins from Mario Kart Wii.
3. Added new skydome for use with Dry Dry Ruins.
4. Modified damage system. Shells and Bananas don't kill anymore. Now they cause explosion force to disrupt the kart's speed like in the real game.
5. New background music for Dry Dry Ruins. Ported from the Wii game.
6. Added Delfino Square. (ported from Wii game, but it's a port of the DS version, so the map name will have the DS title in it).
7. Added Delfino Square Background music.
8. Added new kart: The default wii Kart used by Mario and other medium class characters.
9. Fixed glitched trees in Luigi Circuit. Not sure if this bug was in the last version or not. I forgot to update the path for the skn file for the trees which caused numerious graphical weirdness throughout the map. :P
10. Redid driving physics for karts. Now uses damage system to provide proper traction and response. Driving off-road slows down karts now just like in the real game.

Main things added other then new driving physics was new sound effects for the Koopa Shell/Banana projectiles, two new maps ported from the Wii version of Mario Kart, and a new kart vehicle for the Wii tracks. ;)

Videos:

(as a comparison contrast, the first video shows how the karts currently drive and the second video shows how the karts drove with the old driving physics)

Download link:

GCNMarioKart_v11.rar

Enjoy! :D
ImageImageImage
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Apache, amazing work. (How am I five days old..?)

I sure wish I knew what it is to host a dedicated. And if I had time to browse and not lag others.

All I do is Start Internet then my buds need my IP. Thanks man, great release
Last edited by mistamontiel on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

We should all get on this mod an go crazy on it.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I'm working on a final build of the mod:

I've ported two more vehicles and another track. The new track is "Daisy Cruiser" and as you can see I chose a larger scale ratio for it, so the track is larger then the previous ones. In comparison to the size of the Karts, the track is a more accurate scale then the older tracks. The load screens for all the tracks are now animated and I used a power up mushroom as the loading bar. :D

Another big improvement is the item boxes. They are now set up so they give ammo the instant you touch them. Before they would give ammo by simply being near them and even then they sometimes fail to give ammo if you drive through them too fast. The health depots are now emitted through armor effects and it seems to work 100% of the time now! No more leeching off of untouched item boxes. :D

Also shown is the improved traffic for Mushroom Bridge. They now move. Touch any of them and you die. The Bomb Omb car will explode if touched or hit by a koopa shell. Though in the video I accidentally got the material damage settings mixed up with the banana so the koopa shells weren't setting it off.
ImageImageImage
freddy

Post by freddy »

server 37.187.19.136:15000:23030 GCN Mario Kart

search on GCN Mario Kart ingame, mapvote is enabled

extra download link if its needed for some reason https://ks3353793.kimsufi.com/bf42mods/