GCN Mario Kart for BF1942!

Game Cube Conversion for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

GCN Mario Kart for BF1942!

Post by Apache Thunder »

I ported several Mario Kart levels including one working vehicle from the Gamcube console game "Mario Kart Double Dash".

In this latest version I have finished, a host of new features are now available. To give you a perspective on this mod, I first created this mod back in 2006. This was before I knew all I know today. Only when I started working on the DC Unauthorized mod (was called PoE Comanche back when it was first created) was when I learned all I know today.

With that in mind, I began some "renovations" to this old mod I had collection digital dust. :P

The major improvement is the conversion of two famous Mario Kart weapons. The banana and Green Koopa Shell. Finally after all this time I managed to get these in. No you still can't play as Mario. But nonetheless the mod is much better then it used to.

Here's a outdated video to show you what the mod mostly looks like now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtyzumZb8b8

Here's much newer videos I uploaded today that show what the mod looks like now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiws5RuDcfg

And the new handweapons too!:

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/T ... ananas.flv

So the mod has more to offer now. You can lay down bananas and shoot shells at your oppenants. Yes the rear seat also has Banana/Shell weapons

The kits have been replaced with the Banana/Shell counterparts as well. With most of the kits you get a knife, pistol, 3 Bananas, and 4 Shells.

The engineer kits have the same except with a wrench, and a medpack for the medic kits.

Item boxes (also converted from Mario Kart) have been placed in the maps for resupply when you run out of bananas and Shells. The way it works isn't perfect (if you drive too fast, the item boxes won't resupply you in time), but for the moment it's the best it will get.

Download link:

MarioKart42_v12f.exe

Change log:

1. Added sound effects for Koopa Shells and Bananas.
2. Added Dry Dry Ruins from Mario Kart Wii.
3. Added new skydome for use with Dry Dry Ruins.
4. Modified damage system. Shells and Bananas don't kill anymore. Now they cause explosion force to disrupt the kart's speed like in the real game.
5. New background music for Dry Dry Ruins. Ported from the Wii game.
6. Added Delfino Square. (ported from Wii game, but it's a port of the DS version, so the map name will have the DS title in it).
7. Added Delfino Square Background music.
8. Added new kart: The default wii Kart used by Mario and other medium class characters.
9. Fixed glitched trees in Luigi Circuit. Not sure if this bug was in the last version or not. I forgot to update the path for the skn file for the trees which caused numerious graphical weirdness throughout the map. :P
10. Redid driving physics for karts. Now uses damage system to provide proper traction and response. Driving off-road slows down karts now just like in the real game.

Main things added other then new driving physics was new sound effects for the Koopa Shell/Banana projectiles, two new maps ported from the Wii version of Mario Kart, and a new kart vehicle for the Wii tracks. ;)

Videos:

(as a comparison contrast, the first video shows how the karts currently drive and the second video shows how the karts drove with the old driving physics)
Enjoy! :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder

Re: GCN Mario Kart for BF1942!

Post by Apache Thunder »

BC files? I never ued BC to make the maps. Editor42 all the way. :D
ImageImageImage
Poow

Post by Poow »

This looks really funny! :lol:
You’re entering a world of pain!
Darkstef

Post by Darkstef »

Mod is on my team's server

={F.A.C}= Heli Fields
91.121.75.121:14570

I've got a question, do you want to continue the mod?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yes there is a few more enhancements I plan for this mod before I'm done with it. :D

v8.0 ready for action!

GCN_Mario_Kart_v8_Patch.exe

This is a patch. This will update v7.0 to 8.0. So be sure you have v7.0 installed first!

Code: Select all

Changes in v8.0:

1. Added 3 vanilla maps to the mod: Stalingrad, Omaha_Beach, and El_Alamein. (all with singleplayer support)
2. Banana projectile now has a fully working animated mesh with animations!
3. Mario object on Mushroom City is now a working animated Mesh and will wave at you! :D.
4. New effects added to KoopaShell/Banana projectiles. When Banana dies, it emits a tossed banana that has a death animation.
5. Koopa Shell got a new collision mesh.
6. Custom Kit geometries added! Hippacks now have unpeeled bananas on them, and a koopa shell on the backpack.
7. Mario and Luigi hats added for the soldiers! :D
Plus I added 3 maps to the mod: El Alamein, Stalingrad, and Omaha Beach.

Mostly so players will have more to do in singleplayer. All 3 maps have the scout kit changed to one of the mario kart kits. :P

All 3 maps also have at least one toadKart.

Video showing off the new kit parts and helmets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MYAxYyLUU
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

v9.0 Ready!

http://www.filefront.com/14901327/Mario ... tch_v9.exe

Changes in v9.0:

1. Mushroom City now has a proper collision mesh. Fixed minor graphical glitches with the mesh.
2. Pipe Plaza re-imported and also has a collision mesh. It looks much better now.
3. Physics for KoopaShell projectile finally perfected. Engine has been removed from it. :D
4. Drag reduced on Banana projectile.
5. Completely redone Mario object with new animations. It has 3 idle animations and now has a death animation.
6. Mario converted to a PCO so you can kill him now. :D
7. Re-imported/Exported Luigi Circuit and enhanced collision mesh by adding grass material IDs on grass areas and so on
8. 3 more objects converted to AnimatedBundles: Luigi Blimp, the Sunflowers, and the tree. All of which are on Luigi Circuit.
9. Magsize increased for toadkart. toadKart now has wreck mesh and a wreck wheel that will fly out at destruction.
10. Dynamic Shadow updated for toadKart.
11. Koopa shell now has it's own toss effect at death.
12. AI added to koopa shell kart weapons. However only the rear seat has AI for the Banana weapon. (bots would end up killing them selves with it ;) )

v8.0 must be installed first before applying this v9.0 patch. ;)
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

UPDATE

v10 ready! This is the full installer. It is recommended you uninstall the previous version prior to installing this!

MarioKart_v10.exe

Changelog:

1. Used new system for background music in levels. BIK files are used now and this cuts the size of the mod significantly!
2. Spawn positions for karts on Mushroom City/Pipe Plaza tweaked.
3. Fixed bug resulting in rear tires off kart vehicles not rotating. (though this had no effect on handling)
4. Removed lightmaps from Mushroom Bridge.
5. Increased vertical height of all objects by 50 meters (including level mesh) on Mushroom City.
The only update after this is maybe any undiscovered bugs or if a new uniform for the soldiers becomes available.

UPDATE:
Small update that fixes a couple bugs:

Changes in v10.1

1. Made new precache con files for all levels.
2. Possibly fixed occasional CTD with Pipe Plaza.
3. Removed network info from Banana and Koopa shell used on the kart vehicles. They fire without lag now.
4. Copies were made of Banana and Koopa shell projectiles that will still have network info. These versions are for the handweapons.
5. Fixed broken background music on Pipe Plaza.
Download Link:

MarioKart_v10_1.exe

This is the full installer so you don't need a previous version to install it.
ImageImageImage
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

do you have a server???
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Ah as of right now no. I think MoonGamers clan at one point hosted a server with the mod. But at the moment, no one is hosting this mod anywhere.
ImageImageImage
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

I would really like to try this mod but the download links wont work.. Can you please fix them so I can try this?
I liked your BF Heroes'42. I can't beleive you made it all by your self.