Traptown [Infantry map]

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
Diamondback

Traptown [Infantry map]

Post by Diamondback »

Hi guys, I have decided to convert an old map from the Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WWII demo. The map was originally made by a modder called "[VS] Zoolander". It is a close combat infantry only map which supports TDM, Conquest and CTF. The map however really stands out as a CTF map and is played mostly for that game mode.

This is a great map to have small scale infantry matches on CTF (3v3s are ideal). I have hosted a couple of tournaments on the Secret Weapons demo a few years ago, before coming to full BF. The map is a blast.

The map itself is a modified version of Hellendoorn (from the SW expansion) which was made to be much smaller. It is ideal for infantry because it has lots of places to hide and ambush the enemy such as tunnels and secret areas. You can also walk on the rooftops of practically every building.

Here are some pictures of the map:

To play the map you need the BF1942: Secret Weapons of WWII expansion . Install instructions are in the Readme file of the ZIP. Basically it's just a drag and drop of the RFA file into your XPack2 levels folder.
I plan on making a vanilla BF conversion of the map for the people that don't have SW installed.

Again, this map has not been made by me. The author of the map is [VS] Zoolander and full map creation credits go to him. The only thing I have done for this map, other than converting it to full SW, is to create a new loading screen for it. Map will be updated in the near future. Here is a brief list of what remains to be done for this project:

1) Porting ambient gun sounds (demo version had these but when porting them over to full, I have sound looping errors) and fixing a few minor sound issues
2) Generating object + terrain lightmaps
3) Porting the map to vanilla BF

Here is the download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?7dnphytlo0uhbnx
Again, you need the BF1942: Secret Weapons of WWII expansion for this map to work.

All bug reporting and general comments about the map should be done here.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
buschhans

Re: Traptown [Infantry map]

Post by buschhans »

thank you for the amazing work.:-) Its a cool map.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/