Swaffy'sMod v0.38 (TBA)

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
buschhans

Re: Swaffy'sMod v0.34 [Aug 16, 2015]

Post by buschhans »

Swaffy wrote:Update:

I've been working on an update a lot recently and many changes have already been made. Sadly I have run into some really tough walls, so it may take longer than I thought.

- Mosin animations still broken
- 3DS Max 8 not saving my 3D models (at all) upon extracting the model
- My mod is now crashing and the debuggers are not saying what the issue is (MS Visual C++ Runtime Error)
I'd like your mod. Its a good one. The Weapon animation, Iron Sight and Scope view are really good work. Your style of the map in your Preview 0.34 movie (end of the movie) remember me on the early Medal of Honor times WW2 at my Playstation.
There was a map style with a walkthrough, it was'nt an open world at the early time.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Just a heads-up, I have not been inactive lately. Now that I've got 3DS Max running again I have been opened up to ideas which I couldn't do before.

More updates to come Soon™.
Last edited by Swaffy on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

If we have a Swaffy's 0.34 COOP Server i could play with a friend and test it? As special i could make some videos for the Swaffies fans outside? If do you have small news of your work, you can post it here? I will send it to the communities.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

No news for now but I am working on many things. I'll release a changelog when I'm ready, maybe a video.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

please make sure, your movie is in Europe available.;-)
If not, dont worry. I will help you again.
Swaffy

Re: Swaffy'sMod v0.38 (TBA)

Post by Swaffy »

Here's a preview of one of the things I have been working on. This camera style I hope to make for every aircraft, and is much fun to use! Enjoy this video.

(alt link)

Note: The rear window of the Zero is hard to see through, I still have plans to work on the window texture. [edit] Okay, the rear windows are clear now so the pilot can see what's behind him when using 1st person view.
discocreeper101

Post by discocreeper101 »

This looks amazing :o . Keep up the great work.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

discocreeper101 wrote:This looks amazing :o . Keep up the great work.
Indeed. Preety nice fly movie. I see there is a new Camera Feature. You can have the Third Person view, wjich you know from the BF Heroes (R.I.P.), and the look around view in and outside the cockpit. Now there have to be moving clouds, snow or rain on wake for example.:-)
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Now that my game runs I still have some plane cockpit mesh merging to do to finish up my work on plane cameras. Here are some things that I've done recently to show I am active.

- Made a variant of the Type 97 Chi-Ha which I call Type 97-20 Wi-Pii. It's basically a 20mm variant (Wi-Pii is supposed to sound like "we pee" in English) with 10-round magazine and HEF-T and AP-T shells with different damage values. The HEF-T is the same shell used on Flak 38 so this Type 97-20 can still shoot at planes and soldiers, then AP-T which I made for anti-armor. I made this because I felt Japs needed something different than the original with 57mm gun. Nice gun sounds and this tank is a little faster than the 57mm version to make up for having a 20mm gun.

- Tanks with bow MGs which I made my own meshes for while using vanilla textures to save space. I suck at modeling so this is a big personal goal which I finally finished.

I forgot the rest

Oh and I took the T-95 from SWoWWII and made it handle more realistically (aka really sluggish) but makes up for that with its 105mm gun. Carefully changed armor values and made a new damage table for the projectile. This tank is a rolling pillbox but I purposefully created weakspots for anyone firing at it from the front. I suggest to use Tiger tank or flanking maneuvers to fight this tank. It is more fun now to use, and to shoot at.

+ other stuff which I won't talk about, k
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

really good. It an amazing news.:-) Just made for you one year ago: Image