Swaffy'sMod v0.38 (TBA)

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
BotHunter

Re: Swaffy'sMod v0.305 [June 19, 2013]

Post by BotHunter »

I would probably be easier if I just told you how.

1) Get BGA. (http://code.google.com/p/bga/)

2) Open EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\Swaffy'sMod\Archives\Objects.RFA using it.

3) open effects/blood01/effects.con (you can use notepad)

4) Put "Rem" in front of ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01. (rem ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01)

5) save it and try it.

tell me if it doesn't work!! :)
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

You could also use the MDT, which is here on the forum in the tools. I use that because of its multi functionality awesomeness. It has some tools I plan on using when I start getting better at modding.
BotHunter wrote:4) Put "Rem" in front of ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01. (rem ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01)
that will cause an error report, which I HATE! especially when using the debugger, which I use all the time, because it doesn't need the CD to run. (retail for the WIN!!!!)
EDIT: never mind, it disables the modded effect.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
JoshOmatic

Post by JoshOmatic »

BotHunter wrote:I would probably be easier if I just told you how.

1) Get BGA. (http://code.google.com/p/bga/)

2) Open EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\Swaffy'sMod\Archives\Objects.RFA using it.

3) open effects/blood01/effects.con (you can use notepad)

4) Put "Rem" in front of ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01. (rem ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_Blood01)

5) save it and try it.

tell me if it doesn't work!! :)
Thank you so much for this!!!!! I did it and it worked perfectly!!! :D :D :D
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

IT SHOULD!!! :lol:
We (kinda) know what we are doing!
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Vilespring wrote:Swaffy, line 34 on your to-do list;
droppable ammo bad?
:lol:
Those are my personal notes, I originally wanted to keep them secret until release. I'll be revising the list, of course, for the release.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I think making the shell casings that come out of the Bofors 40mm AA gun sandbag material would be good, because vehicles are harmed when hit by the casing. In my mod, there is a M10 with the Bofors gun replacing the normal turret, and the shell casing takes a HUGE chunk out of the health when it hits the body!

Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Vilespring wrote:I think making the shell casings that come out of the Bofors 40mm AA gun sandbag material would be good, because vehicles are harmed when hit by the casing. In my mod, there is a M10 with the Bofors gun replacing the normal turret, and the shell casing takes a HUGE chunk out of the health when it hits the body!
Thanks for pointing that out! I never thought much about that problem. It is fixed now, but I used a different solution.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Here's a little update:

I finished drawing the pathmaps for the map Corsica. Have a look:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4065/9n2n.png

Once I figure out a DLL issue with my smallones editing tool, I'll get the smallones edited and begin playtesting and tweaking.

[EDIT] I thought I was done with the vehicle pathmaps until I tested that map and saw them running into the corners of buildings and fences. So I'm gonna go back and do more tweaking.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

My change log is really long now. ;)

Also,
I have had the map SWAT_XL added to my mod for a while, and now I'm adding some mapside mods to it. I'm going to make it a fun "run 'n gun" kind of map with somewhat of a "Halo style" feel to it. So weapons won't have any deviation at all other than the firing deviation. I'm also adding the MG 34 instead of the Stg 44 for the German Assault kit. Every weapon will also have retcles and no iron sights, like old times sorta.

[Edit] Done. That didn't take as long as I thought. It was fun running around with the MG34, but it's a bit overpowered. I can fix that.

Also, I feel like I'm close to finishing up, but there aren't any pickup kits on any of the maps (other than the test map).
Last edited by Swaffy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Swaffy wrote:My change log is really long now. ;)

Also,
I have had the map SWAT_XL added to my mod for a while, and now I'm adding some mapside mods to it. I'm going to make it a fun "run 'n gun" kind of map with somewhat of a "Halo style" feel to it. So weapons won't have any deviation at all other than the firing deviation. I'm also adding the MG 34 instead of the Stg 44 for the German Assault kit. Every weapon will also have retcles and no iron sights, like old times sorta.

[Edit] Done. That didn't take as long as I thought. It was fun running around with the MG34, but it's a bit overpowered. I can fix that.

Also, I feel like I'm close to finishing up, but there aren't any pickup kits on any of the maps (other than the test map).
Do you guys want me to add pickup kits [on ALL maps] before releasing the mod's next version?
Yes, i want to prefer all maps included.:-)
Can you up some interested pictures about the swaffy`s Mod and a movie with a short preview about the facts and features of these mod?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/