Battlfield Mod News Thread 2015

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
buschhans

Re: Battlfield Mod News Thread 2015

Post by buschhans »

Hello dear fans of FHSW mod and the modding.

Today we announce the next map "Warring_States_Japan" you from the from the FHSW custom Mappack 2015.
But that's not all, now there's the Mappack here as a download for you!
But for the first time to the map...
This fortress map was created by the Mapper "ningen".

The fortress of "Warring_States_Japan", it comes as an American tank force to penetrate the fortress of the Japanese.

The Japanese try to prevent the attacks of the Americans on the fortress. Can the Japanese lose the fortress and the Americans gain the victory over the flags.

You can conquer five flags points.

We have tried to capture the beauty of the map for you. We hope it is possible?

As a special feature, you can expect Reitbare horses among the Japanese. Once again a great new custom map, with which the Japanese again Flash.

The Map Pack is just the hammer. Mapping at the highest level. Class work.

We stay tuned to FHSW. Next news, is already in the queue.

FHSW custom Mappack 2015: click here

(Mode: Comquest)

(Participating groups: United States: JAPAN)

Image Image Image Image Image

FHSW who become hot now is to play, can the mod download. You will find everything what you do this needs here in the: Download Pool click

Writes a feedback times, whether you like the map?

Is there anything we could even forgot to mention? Then it please write us.

News made by: hg-clan.blogspot
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Dear Battlegroup 42 fans, as promised in the last news update, we're presenting you the Release Candidate build of the "Final" version of BG42 today. After a very busy week with lots of last-minute bug fixes, additions and several reworks on maps (especially Coop) we're proud to finally publish a public release of the latest build.

Download and install all five parts of Battlegroup42: click here

Now for some important information on this release:

The client installer comes in five parts - the installer file (.exe) as well as four (.bin) files.

Make sure to download all five parts into the same folder on your hard disk. If you want to, you can check each file's MD5 and SHA hashes against the hashes provided in the "Downloads" section of our website. A very useful tool to do this is "HashMyFiles" from Nirsoft.

Installing the client is very easy.

For old, disc-based installations of Battlefield 1942 the setup program automatically detects your installation path, so you don't need to change the installation path given by the installer ! Just continue the installation.

For Origin-based installations of Battlefield 1942 you need to manually change the path to match the ROOT folder of your Battlefield 1942 installation.

Example "c:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942"

After the installation is completed your're ready to rock ! If you want to play BattleGroup42 or any other mod online, you need to change some of the Battlefield 1942 program files. The necessary files as well as instructions can be found on the BF1942.exe Patch for Origin and CD Retail

Please post all feedback, bug reports, suggestion etc. in our http://battlegroup42.de/Forum.html

And now, we want you to have LOTS of fun testing out the Release Candidate!

Source by Sarge31FR: battlegroup42.de

News send by: hg-clan.plusboard.de
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

FinnWars 1918 is a mini-modification for the FinnWars-mod developed by one guy, me. FinnWars 1918 is set in the times of bloody Finnish Civil War, spring of 1918. Mod adds many new weapons to the BF42 and FinnWars like Mosin Nagant M/91 (the original Mosin Nagant), Arisaka Type 38, Berdan II, Mauser M1916, Mosin Nagant M/07 (The first Mosin-Nagant carbine), Stielhandgranate M/1917, M/1914 grenade and many more. The added features wont stop just to the new weapons. I'm planning to add new vehicles and props. The mod also will have a unique teamwork-based gameplay system. I created this mod to break boundaries of BF42 modding.

This mod has been under constant development from the beginning of this year. (Not always in an active development. I was busy in beginning of 2015)

I've planned to release the first public alpha/beta version week or two before the independence day of Finland, 6.12. Every independence day, dozens of Finns (usually about little over a hundred) gather up to play FinnWars. I'm planning to add this mod to the server alongside FinnWars to get some players.

Here are some screenshots: (Click them for a larger image)
(MOST IF NOT ALL TEXTURES ARE JUST PLACEHOLDERS! ALSO MANY OF THE MODELS AREN'T FINNISHED)

Mosin Nagant M/07 Carbine

Berdan II (A seriously unfinished Austin 3rd series armoured car)

Arisaka Type 38

Maxim M/1905 first person inside Austin's tower.

Maxim M/1905 in third person.

Stielhandgranate M/1917

Mauser M/1916
The banderoll translates to "Give rights for the oppressed!" (Not literally but I couldn't figure out a better translation)

Unfinished spawn-menu. The kit limitations can be changed in every map. I'm also planning to remake the whole ingame hud. (I've already made new ticket-text in the corner)

I'm also making an encyclopedia for FinnWars 1918. It contains the basic information about Finnish Civil War and it's weapons.

GAMEPLAY

I'm planning to make the gameplay as unique as possible. I want this mod to stand out of other BF42 mods. Gameplay will be heavily teamwork based and there are no automatic weapons excluding machine guns. Machine guns will be "throwable" stationary-weapons that need two players for effective use. One player from the machine gun-unit shoots and the other one throws ammo-boxes. The ammo-thrower gets an unusual or a good weapon to balance his "boring" role. An MG shooter won't survive alone cause he only has a machine gun (that can not be shot without throwing it on the ground first) and a knife. The assistant has a gun which he can use to protect the machine gunner. Also to reload his MG alone, the shooter has to pick up the MG and throw it again which is way more irritating than having a partner who throws ammo for you.

Another interesting aspect of the mod is limited kits. Yes, if you know how to mod BF42 you can be a cheeky cheater and bypass the kit limits, but cheaters weren't a problem in FinnWars (which has kit limitations). So I don't believe that the cheaters will be a problem in this mod either. I'm sure that the possible cheaters will be easily caught if they continously take the kits that have reached their limit.
Also the kit limits, unlike in FinnWars, can be manipulated in every single map.

GRAPHICS

I'm not a skilled 3D artist. Especially working with the textures is an overwhelming job for me so I've now used mostly placeholder textures for my models. I don't plan to make models that are the best of BF42 mods. I accept the quality I can produce myself.
Surprisingly I am most proud of my work with the menu-files. I can't recall any mods that have changed the menu as radically as I have. (Counting the encyclopedia and ingame-menu). It's really tedious to edit the menu-files because the editor basically works like a linear-editing software. If you change or add someting in the middle of the file, it often messes up the rest of the file. So I've had to make a lot of elements to the menus from scratch.

AUDIO
I have no experience on creating sound effects so I have to use sounds from BF42 and FinnWars. Rest of the sounds I have to get from a public domain sound effects -site. If I manage to find a sound effect designer who works for free, this mod may have it's own unique sound effects.

RECRUITING

If you are interested in working with this project and have some skills that can help enhance this mod, I welcome you. I really need a texture artist and a sound designer but if you are a talented modeler or coder, come on board.
I'm currently developing this mod alone but I have an internet-friend who is also interested in Finnish Wars (and in BF42) and he seems to know almost everything from the 20th century Finland so I usually use him as a consultant.

Also I'm searching for map makers. I'm really strict about historical accuracy in this mod so the mapper wont get a completely free hands in mapping. I don't mean that every map has to be based on a real battle. I'm just saying that I wont let every map to have an armoured car or tens of airplanes. Those vehicles were extremely rare in Finnish Civil War.

If you don't have any mod developing skills and want to participate in this project, don't worry! You can be a beta tester! I need some experienced BF42-players to test this mod for bugs and to give feedback and ideas.

I thank you for your interest. I'm open to all kind of feedback and suggestions.
one

Post by one »

LOL!!!
I was trying to do the same two years ago, to create "encyclopedia" for my mod which replaces "intro" button in main menu! OMG :D
I also modified "create game" menu to make it bf2-like.
But after some time spent I lost motivation and gave it up... ;)
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

one wrote:LOL!!!
I was trying to do the same two years ago, to create "encyclopedia" for my mod which replaces "intro" button in main menu! OMG :D
I also modified "create game" menu to make it bf2-like.
But after some time spent I lost motivation and gave it up... ;)

"One" Then keep work together with ruuga? I love the First World War. There is another mod battlefield 1918 3.1. There is not release content. They need some skins and new maps. It's in the 3.1 package you can only see it only with the editor.
My idea is bring that fin wars 1918 and battlefield 1918 mod together? What do you think? The 1918 mod have a lot of fans. Two month ago we have full the server with 10 people after 1-2 years of silence.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Your mod gives a nice new twist on the menu files Ruuga. I will definitely give it a try. I have fool around with those MEME files for a few weeks and managed to create a single score board for a Death Match mod I am making. It is imperfect but then the source code has it's limits on how you can modify the menu files.

Also buschans, I do not understand why you still haven't posted my mod to your blog yet? I have sent you a PM on Moongamers about a month or two ago and you replied saying you would post it to your blog, but I still cannot find it. Please, would you consider making an entry on your blog for my mod to help it gain a bit more notoriety? Thank you.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

After release I have send this galactic conquest 8.1 news quickly in January. After then follow lot of different news.

And I have send the Gc 8.1 news around.

Check this: http://hg-clan.blogspot.com/2015/03/gal ... d.html?m=1

Check that: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/2015/01/gala ... t.html?m=1

Any questions?

And back to the finnwars 1918 mod. Please bring it together with BF 1918. That's the best way to will be a good release? Battlefield 1918 content the First World War?!
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

It took me a while to answer because I was on a midsummer holiday in my family's cottage without a laptop. I had a phone with an internet connection but writing with it is very difficult.
buschhans wrote:
one wrote:There is another mod battlefield 1918 3.1. There is not release content. They need some skins and new maps. It's in the 3.1 package you can only see it only with the editor.
My idea is bring that fin wars 1918 and battlefield 1918 mod together? What do you think? The 1918 mod have a lot of fans. Two month ago we have full the server with 10 people after 1-2 years of silence.
I tought about that when I started developing the mod but I think I won't include BF1918 to this mod. Then this mod can't be added to the FinnWars-servers because it then would require adding BF1918 also. And I'm pretty sure that many Finnish FinnWars-players aren't willing to download BF18.
Even BF18 would add a lot of content to this mod, it has some gameplay elements that I don't like but the BF1918-fans like. Also many would propably think that I had added BF18-content just because I'm lazy.

With the help of BF18 I could add the Germans to FinnWars 1918 more easily but I would like to create them myself in the future. The only thing I would want to borrow from BF18 is the German uniforms because I'm not very good at image manipulating. You can see that in my screenshots. The soldiers in them have Africacorp's trousers from BF42. :D The coat is just a recoloration of FinnWars's Finnish uniform with 2 pockets removed.

I just tought that I also need someone who is good with image manipulation. I need a lots of different civilian clothing for this mod and I'm not good at drawing realistic looking clothing.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

There are a lot of new Battlefield 1942 news what i have made for you. :D
There is a special, you can translate it via Google in your language and have fun.

Please check this BF 1942 News Blog: click
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

I have a lot to tell about FinnWars 1918's development but not enough time. So I try to sum up everything in couple of sentences.

I didn't manage to send buschhans an alpha-version of the mod in time as I had planned. I just have too much things to fix before I can send a test version to anyone. The problem with these glitches is that it may take betatesters's attention away from searching the real problems in the mod that I haven't noticed yet.
I'm starting my military service next monday and I can't develope this mod for couple of weeks after that. Usually the first two weeks or so are the worst and busiest time in military service in Finland. Or that's what I've heard. After 2 months of service I should have even more free time than I have now as a civilian labourer with 12 hours of work per day. :D So then I can actively start developing the mod.

I hope I can send an alpha version of this mod to all volunteer-testers as soon as possible but it may take even a month or two.