Custom Handweapons on a permap basis...

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
Apache Thunder

Custom Handweapons on a permap basis...

Post by Apache Thunder »

I have finally solved the riddle of getting custom handweapon animations to work correctly in a mapside mod. So if you ever want a custom handweapon to work in a map without tampering with the main mod RFAs, with the help of my provided files, you can now easily get them to work. You just add your weapons as if you were creating them in a main mod.

Download link:

MapSideGunz.rar

Be sure to provide feedback on how well it works for you. I can make adjustments to this if there is unforseen issues. But in the tests I've done, my custom weapons work correctly on my IS82 map that I am working on. So I don't see any issues that any one else would run into provided they know how to add custom weapons. You'll need to provide your own gunz as none are provided here. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Swaffy

Re: Custom Handweapons on a permap basis...

Post by Swaffy »

You have my curiosity up. I'll take a look.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Re: Custom Handweapons on a permap basis...

Post by Apache Thunder »

Here's my first handweapon I made that is completely mapside:

Gun has unlimited ammo, so no reload animation, but I imagine that would work as well since I've had other test weapons go through all the animations correctly. :D

Note this gun has little to no recoil. Don't think the original in GoldenEye 007 had any recoil, so made that the same here. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!