BF1942: Cloud Pack

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
Apache Thunder

BF1942: Cloud Pack

Post by Apache Thunder »

For those who don't know, I have figured out how to revive a long unused coding system in BF1942. The cloud system which was a relic of Rallisport Challenge is the only previous coding system that still works in BF1942.

Here's my thread detailing it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1381

I had soon began to add this to the vanilla maps but stopped soon after since I had retired modding and just lost interest in finishing it. Thus I only got 5 maps done. But each map was coded differently and shows examples of different ways of applying the cloud effect. So this can still be useful for other modders who want to learn how to use the cloud system. So have at it! It would be great to see this used in other mods and there may even be other creative ways to use it that I just haven't thought of. ;)

Here's the video showing off the 5 maps I added the cloud system to:

Note I had also added coding for the Lensflares....just incase someone ever manages to get the exe to render them again, you can probably use these example maps as a quick way of trying to debug the lensflares. Lensflares would be another great addition to this old game if someone good with a hex-editor can find out how to trick to exe into rendering them ingame again. The coding system for them is complete and the debugger reports loading the textures for them in the log, so at this point it looks a small tweak is all that's needed to revive them. Who knows.

Anyways, here's the download link for the example maps:

CloudPack_v1.rar

They are _004 patch rfas, thus they can be used with vanilla BF1942 and almost any other mod as well so long as they don't already have said maps with a _004 rfa. Otherwise you'll need to edit the file name to put in _005 or higher if the mod already had one.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Viral

Re: BF1942: Cloud Pack

Post by Viral »

Wow what a difference the clouds make to the overall look of the game! I am going to play around with this and add them to our maps in rotation very soon.

Thanks!