DC 0.8 Map ported to 0.7

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Poow

DC 0.8 Map ported to 0.7

Post by Poow »

Hey guys,

anyone who can port the normal Blackmantis map from DC 0.8 to DC 0.7?

Just normal 0.7 Vehicles & effects. Buildings in to the map? (final result would be a custom DC 0.7 map)

Btw i mean this map:
(just to show my old video :D )

€ Ah! it needs to be playable in coop (it's for a coop server)
You’re entering a world of pain!
Crimson_Raptor

Re: DC 0.8 Map ported to 0.7

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Well there's 3 thinks you can do. One thing is all you need to do in order make it work today.

1) The one thing is simply go to the menu/init.con and change the setMapid to "desertcombat"

Code: Select all

game.setMapId "DC_final"
2) The next thing would be changing all of the ObjectSpawnTemplates.con in both the Conquest, CTF, TDM, folders and replace all DC FInal vehicles with DC vehicles. The ones that already exist in DC 0.7 will naturally show up, but any BMP1s won't, etc.

3) While this last one is not always necessary as Sulmaniya has a lot of its own custom objects, they make have some DC Final exlusive buildings or spawnable kits somewhere across the battlefield map, so you make have to check and see where and if they show up. That make take you long a time, but understand that if you don't, that's more netcode for the server to come up with a search error (not crashableA) and that'll take bandwidth away from your gameplay online.

The first two will take you like 5 minutes top to do with the blue WinRFA version 2.05 and the gree GuiRFA version 1.5 but be sure to click the "Compress" checkbox when you get the map together. The 3rd one will take you a few hours, but it depends on the map, in Battlecraft version 2.1.

Let us know if you have any problems.
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
Poow

Post by Poow »

Thx, I know how to get a custom map, but I have no time atm :(
It's a job for guys who are bored or something like that :)
You’re entering a world of pain!
Crimson_Raptor

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Oh... :|
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."