A white military camouflage uniform texture

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Ruuga

A white military camouflage uniform texture

Post by Ruuga »

So can someone make a texture what contains white camouflage uniform (and belt this is optional) and if you want (I don't need this so much), you can make brown russian uniform. I don't care if it has camoflage. The only thing I care is that it fits in to war theme.
I'm not making a WWII mod. I'm making a futuristic mod. (Not any starwars stuff. It's may remind BF2142 without all those Walkers or what the're called.)
EDIT: And the camo should be this stylish:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... uflage.svg (But it should bee white-gray colored on the white uniform.)

Credits: (I edited this so you still get credits if you make only 1 uniform)
I'll give you credits to the credits of course. Just give your artist-name, I don't prefer real names on the internet but you can give that too if you want.

And here's a template for the textures. So you'll have to make 3 different files but I think that you can use same things in each file. I'm not sure because I don't know how to make textures. (And those files are in zip-file in .dds form. You can open those files with Gimp (you need dds plug-in.))
http://www.filefront.com/17195193/germantex.zip

Sorry about my confusing English. English is not my native language you know..

And hey another thing.. Is here anywhere a tutorial for texturing?

Thank you!
Swaffy

Re: A white military camouflage uniform texture

Post by Swaffy »

For that first picture, just open it up in a program such as GIMP or Photoshop. Use the bucket tool to fill in the spots with a different color.

Like this:
Tan -> White
Green -> Light Grey
Brown -> Darker Grey

Because it's a snow camoflauge, do not have any dark colors. They all need to be shades of white [so in between pure white and normal grey].

A lot of texturers make the mistake of adding too many dark spots on the player models and vehicles, thus making the player or vehicle too visible in snow areas. It really depends on how the map is made: if it is like Battle of the Bulge where there's a lot of thin snow and dirt, darker colors can be used; if it is a have snow map with mostly white coloing, bright colors need to be used. As a personal opinion, I wish there were more maps where snow covers everything. I like the whiteness, since it's fun to be in an environment that doesn't consist of dark colors.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

It's difficult to make a camouflage set if one doesn't know how your map will look. There's a lot of difference between snow maps and snow maps...Some are ultra-bright, others are pretty dark and cloudy. Each requires a bit different approach on the color selection.

You can easily change the textures if you have Photoshop. Just add a new layer, set it to "Overlay" and then just paint some fancy white/grey areas in it.

Also, file not found error.
Sgt.Killboy

Post by Sgt.Killboy »

You might also want to try the "VanDerLee" Camouflage Plugin fpr Photoshop http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/plugi ... flage.html.
The freeware Camouflage plug-in is a tool for generating all kinds of camouflage textures ranging from authentic WW2 army camouflage to animal camouflage patterns. All textures generated are fully configurable to up to 8 layers of color and things such as scale and falloff. The generated textures ate automatically scaled to the image size are seamless so they can be used for any (real-time) 3D work or web backgrounds. A large set of presets is also supplied and you can save your own configurations for later use.
:D
My anger management class pi**e* me off.