Help tweaking/finishing map

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Iced Earth

Help tweaking/finishing map

Post by Iced Earth »

Looking for help to finish this map:

Map features:
  • US/Japanese uncappable bases
  • 2 B17s for allies, with 6 different firing positions (one needs skin fixed), also with their own spawnpoint
  • Japanese zeros have regular machine guns, moved to engine cowling how they should be, and 20mm cannons in wings
  • Added anti-air gun for Japanese, the Oerlikon from the PT boats (20mm as well, modified projectile info)
  • 3 destroyable Japanese factories, each with a unique sound and unique soldier spawns tied to them
Original Map Objective:
To create an objective-style map, where against long odds the American bombers must destroy 3 Japanese factories, and combat waves of zero/aichival attacks to survive. Air combat only, no other conquest flags.

Bugs/Problems:
  • Both the axis and US bases are too close to map border - if you go out of bounds near the axis base, you will obviously see the US main base in the background.
  • Axis base near map edge can make bombing runs difficult.
  • 1st B17 skin "broken" -- 2 B17s were to be featured, the memphis belle and "old 666", the aircraft whose mission the map is based on.
  • Zero cannon sounds kind of strange. I like the 1st person sound over the 3rd person.
  • Zero MG seems to cut in/out abruptly
  • The B17s could use more health I believe. Either in hitpoints or tweaks to armor (damage system tweaking).
I think that's it. there may be more.

Why:
I think this would be a great "party" style map; friends or clan members could pile into B17s and shoot at zeros that the rest of their buddies are in, it's meant for long drawn-out battles.

The idea for this map came from the history channel's clip on dogfights, view it here for some inspiration:

If anyone would be interested please let me know. I've uploaded the map here:
http://www.filefront.com/16438241/longodds.rar

I would be willing to remake the terrain of the map if someone is willing to help with the other things. Let me know.
assasinseye1

Re: Help tweaking/finishing map

Post by assasinseye1 »

sadly I can not do much right now since I bcrap is not detecting my opengl..and im new with editor42 but I can make some textures,designs,load screen..etc

Just need to know what you need if anything :|

30min later- I just finished watching a couple vids includeing yours,Wondering if you modled?I could pich some designs of this 666, and maybe a map layout(drawing).....Im going to look at your mod now.
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

assasinseye1 wrote:sadly I can not do much right now since I bcrap is not detecting my opengl..and im new with editor42 but I can make some textures,designs,load screen..etc

30min later- I just finished watching a couple vids includeing yours,Wondering if you modled?I could pich some designs of this 666, and maybe a map layout(drawing).....Im going to look at your mod now.

10 min later....I love the idea and map...are you going to put bots in it ? :D :D also have you thought of not makeing so much water? and maybe moving the bases out more? that so when you try and drop the bombs you dont go out of bounds?

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

assasinseye1 wrote:
assasinseye1 wrote:sadly I can not do much right now since I bcrap is not detecting my opengl..and im new with editor42 but I can make some textures,designs,load screen..etc

10 min later....I love the idea and map...are you going to put bots in it ? :D :D also have you thought of not makeing so much water? and maybe moving the bases out more? that so when you try and drop the bombs you dont go out of bounds?
Iced Earth wrote: Bugs/Problems:
  • Both the axis and US bases are too close to map border - if you go out of bounds near the axis base, you will obviously see the US main base in the background.
  • Axis base near map edge can make bombing runs difficult.
lol ya, theres a few things i wanna change. feel free to suggest!
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

Did you make the bomber your self? and aplly the textures to it?.i could make some similar to the 666....I'll look into a load screen{anything in particular}...also have you looked into the cloud effect? it might help the sorounding?If you have play bfww1 then you have seen this effect... Ill get a vid if you havent....also was wondering If i could suggest some more mod ideas?{diffrent maps or something?}

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

i made the bomber skin yeah, but the real one was very simple: that medium green with yellow tail numbers.

I think the skin for the memphis belle is in the RFA. I think.

That cloud effect is a good idea. Got a link to the mod? Or the individual files?

and yeah if you have other ideas...just make a new thread or something.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

assasinseye1 wrote:I could pich some designs... and maybe a map layout(drawing)
A drawing of map terrain would be great.

Like you said, just have to keep in mind: Keep the bases away from the edges of the map a bit. Battle of Britain is a good example of this type of map (bases on either far side).
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

Iced Earth wrote:i made the bomber skin yeah, but the real one was very simple: that medium green with yellow tail numbers.

I think the skin for the memphis belle is in the RFA. I think.

That cloud effect is a good idea. Got a link to the mod? Or the individual files?

and yeah if you have other ideas...just make a new thread or something.
Hmmm i cant find the cloud effect..or im not looking hard enough, I wonder if apache knows how to, since he did snow.

Ill look into some other things in a bit..

assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

im about to redo the map should send back 2 u soon :D

assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

he do you have the objects file? i cant really do anything without the objects... :shock: