Anyswitch Bounty

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Kurosaji

Anyswitch Bounty

Post by Kurosaji »

I am in contact with some server admins who have put out a bounty the anyswitch kit hack. If a serverside fix can be found for this, you are going to make some cash.

Bounty is 200 euros for a working solution, if there is one.

the hack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldU572vej8
Swaffy

Re: Anyswitch Bounty

Post by Swaffy »

This is one of those hacks that fall under the idea that "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

This would be for a vanilla server, and like all vanilla servers, they have punkbuster and the any version patch because of origin. If there's a solution for a vanilla server, they would like to know. This is for one of the bigger hosts out there, I guarantee you, the reward offer is genuine.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I have some ideas how to prevent players from using this cheat.

How can I be confident that if I publish the fix I will get the bounty? Could I receive the money through Bitcoin? (I could help with that if needed. I just don't want to deal with PayPal or banks.)
Bitcoin address: 1NEoGgsFS9vxLT3eW4w6RFdvzPXLpQX66t
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

this fix was not for me. I dont think they have bitcoin
Seth

Post by Seth »

Could you contact them and ask them if the bounty is still valid? Then ask them if they would agree to quickly buy and send bitcoins to the winner after they see a working solution. I can help them find an easy way to buy bitcoins in the country they are in.

I need to know if they are to be trusted for the promise they make. Do you trust them?

I think it would be better if I talk to them directly.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Anyswitch comes in the form of a client-side mod for every map file.

So one solution to protect the server is to enable a content check mode in the server settings! There are two content check modes in the settings: "Pure" (game.serverContentCheck 1) and "Unpure" (game.serverContentCheck 2) - either one can stop anyswitch users. They will get a "data differs from server" error message when they load the map. There are some caveats which cause many admins to give up using content check altogether, but solutions can be found. Admins and players just have to be careful of some things so that legitimate players don't get the "data differs from server" error message.

What mods are being run is important. You said it's a vanilla server so even Pure mode should work. Server-side mods should cause no problems. Some client modifications, such as the bf1942.exe patches that fix some bugs cause no error messages. Some client-side mods, such as custom maps or some changes to .rfa files may cause error messages, but they can be made to work properly under Unpure mode. So if there are some specific client-side mods that the admins want to allow there's some work that needs to be done to make them work properly. Other mods which modify certain parts of the memory will not work and that is how it is supposed to be to stop not only anyswitch but also many other cheats that can be made.

Let me know if this solves their problem and I win the bounty or if there's some issue they can't solve or something more that needs to be done.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Seth wrote:Anyswitch comes in the form of a client-side mod for every map file.

So one solution to protect the server is to enable a content check mode in the server settings! There are two content check modes in the settings: "Pure" (game.serverContentCheck 1) and "Unpure" (game.serverContentCheck 2) - either one can stop anyswitch users. They will get a "data differs from server" error message when they load the map. There are some caveats which cause many admins to give up using content check altogether, but solutions can be found. Admins and players just have to be careful of some things so that legitimate players don't get the "data differs from server" error message.

What mods are being run is important. You said it's a vanilla server so even Pure mode should work. Server-side mods should cause no problems. Some client modifications, such as the bf1942.exe patches that fix some bugs cause no error messages. Some client-side mods, such as custom maps or some changes to .rfa files may cause error messages, but they can be made to work properly under Unpure mode. So if there are some specific client-side mods that the admins want to allow there's some work that needs to be done to make them work properly. Other mods which modify certain parts of the memory will not work and that is how it is supposed to be to stop not only anyswitch but also many other cheats that can be made.

Let me know if this solves their problem and I win the bounty or if there's some issue they can't solve or something more that needs to be done.
That's the first logical answer that comes to mind when trying to find a solution to this problem, however it's far more complicated than simply making your server Pure or Unpure. Mod hacks are stopped easily if you run a Pure server, however if the hacker is using an external application that injects the hack into the BF1942.exe or the DLLs then there is almost nothing (if anything) that the admins can do to stop it. And so, we might never be able to prevent hackers using an external application from using this, or any other hack. Instead of trying to find a miraculous fix for this hack, which doesn't exist, we should focus on finding a way to track down hackers more efficiently.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Seth

Post by Seth »

What you describe would have almost nothing to do with Anyswitch and would take much more time and skill to create. 'Anyswitch' is the original hack which only works as a client-side mod and it is stopped by this method. I think this is what the bounty is for. If not, those server admins should let us know what the threat that we have to defend from is.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Seth wrote:What you describe would have almost nothing to do with Anyswitch and would take much more time and skill to create. 'Anyswitch' is the original hack which only works as a client-side mod and it is stopped by this method. I think this is what the bounty is for. If not, those server admins should let us know what the threat that we have to defend from is.
Perhaps it is only found in the form of a client side mod, however there is a working aimbot in BF1942 that works by DLL injection. So what if a would be hacker switches to this method of hacking to run the any switch hack? How do we stop it then? You can't be 100% sure that the any kit hack is ONLY a client side mod, that's my point. If a working aimbot has been made by DLL injection, then you can be sure that any switch hack can also be run from this method.

Here is the aimbot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUMRKxkDXQ4
See my Strasbourg map project here.