Trees with collision.

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Kurosaji

Trees with collision.

Post by Kurosaji »

Has anyone made the '42 tree meshes with collision, specifically the jungle series, and if not... can someone please make them?
Kurosaji

Re: Trees with collision.

Post by Kurosaji »

actually, all i need is Jungle_tree7_M1 now that i think of it.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Hmm, now that I think of it I'm pretty much certain beyond any doubt that Eve of Destruction has the correct collision meshes for the vanilla jungle trees. It would be logical for the SM file with collision to be located in that mod's StandardMesh.rfa, after all it is a Vietnam conversion so they have no excuse not to have it. ;)

Also the map Forager (a custom map found on the BF-League website) has some jungle trees with correct collision meshes so that would be option #2 for you.

If all the above fails I would suggest opening the object in 3ds Max and remaking the COL (is it 01 or 02?) mesh so that is has a true collision. You would then re-export the object in SM format and your problem would be solved.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

Nah, I have eve unpacked - not there. I would need soldier collision, and i really tried exporting as sm, but i ended up with issues since its made of so many textures. and edit and re-export of tm was a bitch due to the sheer amount of sprites.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

I'll take a second look tonight, it could be built in to the map, or I have an old version of EoD
Django

Post by Django »

First aid could be here to activate collision in the corresponding object file (e.g. objects/vegetation/common/Jungle_tree7_M1/objects.con ) ;)
I see you want to use my revised Swamps of Dagobah Map (original from Dnamro). I put there a lot of Jungle_tree7's into it, scaled up a lot.
I am still working on the tree7, did a new better collision for it. The original collision was very bad.Also I corrected the bad UWV's of some sprites
I still have trouble with the proper export ( so it is still missing in my Redux 0.96 build).
I managed to understand the texture thingie, but ingame, the sprites are not working the way they should do. They dissapear from different views.
But just a matter of time..
When I got it I will send you the files.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

dnamro gave me permission to use it, but apparently its a rehash of kursk made in to dagobah by greenbud. I discovered that it was just bad upscaling, all it needs is a more detailed collision mesh. I planned on working with the map a bit, giving the terrain some love so its not as edgy, and making the trees more firmly planted in the ground. The trees with a better collision... honestly. When the tree is done, I would love to grab it! Did you ever get the fog working, or was there something wrong with it? This map needs a little love, I just want to bring it in a touch so the walking isn't such a chore. I guess I am back to fixing the gunship problem, I never got around to it, but I will work on adding cameras to the guns, though I don't know if I will get the desired result. Mon Cal domes are a pain too...
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Django wrote:First aid could be here to activate collision in the corresponding object file (e.g. objects/vegetation/common/Jungle_tree7_M1/objects.con ) ;)
I remember doing the exact same thing to make sure some statics (such as the Bclas_m1 silo in vanilla BF) have a correct collision mesh but that wasn't enough.

I changed the

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.hasCollisionPhysics

property from 0 to 1 but the object still didn't have any collision mesh in game, it was like a ghost basically.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

yeah i noticed that. I'll wait till Django finishes his :) Please let me know Django!!
Django

Post by Django »

Ok, so the treemeshExport via the MDT has a bug. I can't get it to work. The trunks and collision export the right but the spritesystem don't.
Tried a lot around with it. Compared tm files with a hexeditor to find understandable differences between before and after exporting.
But no solution yet.
So I made a simple StandardMesh as a workaround. This works for me. Sprites arent so important imo.
Feel free to use it!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/035n3 ... ree_M1.rar