Importing sounds from one modification to another.

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
szahmat

Importing sounds from one modification to another.

Post by szahmat »

There are two modifications to the Battlefield 1942: Forgotten Hope 0.7 and Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons. FHSW has more content but I like to play both and I would like to have in FH 0.7 some features from FHSW. I mean the sound of incoming projectiles from mortars. I do not know how to import them from FHSW to FH 0.7 and I'm looking for someone who will know how to do it and has the time to do it for me :)
Swaffy

Re: Importing sounds from one modification to another.

Post by Swaffy »

They are probably sound objects used specifically on each map. Not easy to do, and most likely no one will do this work for you. In theory is sounds easy to do but in reality it is a lot of work since it would require editing each of the maps - individually.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

if they are just mortar and bullet sounds, this should be native to the sounds.rfa - as long as enough of the information is similar, you could just replace it in theory, since it is client side.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Kurosaji wrote:if they are just mortar and bullet sounds, this should be native to the sounds.rfa - as long as enough of the information is similar, you could just replace it in theory, since it is client side.
So do the maps in both mods have the same ambient sound functions, just different sound files for them? If so then all you gotta do is open up Sound.rfa using BGA (Battlefield Game Archive Tool) then just extract the sounds from FHSW and save them into the FH's Sound.rfa. But if FH doesn't have the ambient sounds in the maps like FHSW has then it is too complicated to do for each map.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™