Modding BF1942 Enterprise / XPack1 & XPack2

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
YeOldOne404

Modding BF1942 Enterprise / XPack1 & XPack2

Post by YeOldOne404 »

It's been a few years since I made any maps for BF1942. This idea for a map is stuck in my head. I half to give it a try.
This will be a special map for vanilla BF1942. But I am not good with all the back end coding side of things.

What I would like is someone to make a de Havilland "Mosquito" with Drape Olive Green skin USA markings. The de Havilland Mosquito
was used by the British on the RTR Map Battle of Anzio. I need the "Mosquito" to replace the planes on the Enterprise Carrier. So each carrier
will be carrying two - four "Mosquito". It may be tight, but if it works great.

The instructions to add all the mesh/objects/textures to my cfg / 1st files is also needed.

The other thing I need is help getting XPack1 & XPack2 to load in BC1942.

I can see the XPack1 map list, but can't load them.
I'm getting this message:
Error reading RFA

The RFA file (my game location goes here) can't be read.
The owner/creator of this archive has requested that you do not edit this file without their explicit permission.

Hopefully somebody can help me out here. I've tried some tutorials but most assume you know about all the different parts of the files.
Thx, :)
Crash

Re: Modding BF1942 Enterprise / XPack1 & XPack2

Post by Crash »

1. edit the textures (.dds files) in photoshop to whatever color you want.
2. unpack the rfa and copy them (over writing the original coloring) ... -- OR -- ... you can add an extra folder (call it italy) in your texture folder and point the game toward it.
3. You just edit the code involving which planes spawn on the carrier. I'm currently creating a Pearl Harbour map and I have one Japanese carrier spawn 4 zero's and a second carrier spawn 4 Achi Vals. You could put spitfires on them if you wanted to.
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

I took a break from doing this. But now I'm trying again. :|
What I need to do is switch the planes that spawn on the Enterprise. I want the Enterprise to spawn multiple B25. There will also be two carriers spawning the B25.
But I only want the carrier settings changed for this map. I don't want to change the carriers on other maps.

I tried following the tutorial on this site: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... mods_t.htm
It gets me to the point of placing the B25 inside of Battlecraft. But when I try to test the map, it crashes. :roll:

I'm trying to use either the B25 found in either the FH or Warfront mods. I'd like to be able to test both to see which works better for my map. I want all the player positions, guns, bombs to work.
My last attempt got it in game, but the plane wouldn't crash/die.

How do I add these B25 custom carriers to my map?

What folders / files do I need? (sounds, common, standardmesh, etc?) What run commands do I need, and where do I put them? :?
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

I would import the enterprise as a custom object, whereupon I edit what spawns on it and make sure whatever that spawns, is already in that mod (default plane) or if its a custom one, make sure thats in that map too.