Weapon mod: Model 1887

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Carnie The Clown

Weapon mod: Model 1887

Post by Carnie The Clown »

Hi Everyone! Carnie here, and I have a new and unique request for a new weapon mod for Battlefield 1942!

As you may know, I really enjoy playing Bf1942 and Bf3, and I also enjoy playing certain CoD games. Anyways, I was playing Modern Warfare 2 (you know, the broken one of the series?) and I just unlocked my favourite shotgun, the infamous Model 1887. I jumped into a game of Team Deathmatch, switched to my Model, and used it the whole game...disappointed. It was absolutely pathetic for a shotgun! Poor range than most shotguns, slow reload, slow fire rate, and low damage!

After the match, I looked up the weapon on the website Callofduty.wikia.com, a wiki for everything on CoD, and I found out that the weapon is the oldest firearm in the franchise, but hasn't appeared in any WWII games.

That's when I came up with the idea for this mod: how about making the Model 1887 replace the British SAS' shotgun in the Engineer kit (for SWOWWII expansion)? This gun is old enough to be featured in this game, and I think it would be much better than the shotgun that the kit already has!

Here's what I was thinking stat wise: (i don't know if this is the way stats are defined for weapons in this game)

Name: Model 1887
Faction: British SAS
Kit: Engineer
Weapon type: Shotgun
Damage: 40-10
No. of projectiles: 8 pellets
Range: 30 metres
Clip size: 8 shells
Spare clips: 4
Rate of Fire: 75 rpm
Reload time: 4.3 seconds

The Model 1887 is capable of damaging light vehicles, half tracks, and planes, but not tanks and ships.

In other words, i'd like a copy/paste of the Model 1887 from Modern Warfare 2, but with some improvements. If the gun model could have a grip for reduced recoil or actually have a magazine sticking out of the bottom of the gun slot, that would be cool.

Thanks!

Carnie
Swaffy

Re: Weapon mod: Model 1887

Post by Swaffy »

Clips and magazines are different. Thought I'd bring it up so that you know.
[link]
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™